Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Caslte Defender (caiman compo)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 17:39 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 21:11
im only relly posting here cause i couldent think of any better places to host it, anyways ive attached the final build all info is in the help file and have fun.

anyways leaving it rather late to finish as usuall, i still have technically 2 days till the deadline so if your pc bsods and wipes all ur hdd`s then let me know so i can fix any bugs.

---> http://www.darkcoder.co.uk/Castle%20Defender.rar

Halowed are the ori.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
shots 1st, game later.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 17:46 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 17:46
yea i was going to but the page never loaded turns out that it was up damn ff , anyways heres a pic

this is a pic a friend sent cause ive compiled the game around 2k times and really cant be bothered to spend 20mins making a decent pic.

Halowed are the ori.

Attachments

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 17:48 Edited at: 26th Feb 2006 17:48
this is a pic before i added the game over sceene cause the castle is destroyed there. but it shows the tesla coil, how cool is that?

Halowed are the ori.

Attachments

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 20:04
Screens look good... I'll edit once I'm done playing.

"Forgiveness is a good thing"
"Forgiveness is between them, and God. I set up the meeting"
-Man on Fire
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 20:19
lol looks cool dc we have the sane cursor from limefly.net

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
very nice graphic dude. looks good

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 20:56
Forget about editing my post. I'm just going to bump it. You know why? Because this is 'BY FAR' the most incredible, awesome, fun, well put together, and best game I have EVER played in DBP. Everything was just amazing, so smooth. If you dont win the caiman contest, I will kill the compo voter.

-Man on Fire
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
It was pretty cool, but WAY to hard at the begining. It should start easier. I couldn't get through the 2nd wave

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 21:34
The second wave? I got to the 16th wave, but I realized I had some work to do. All you have to do is build a full barrier of attack towers around your base. And if one gets destroyed, rebuild it right away. (You can build stuff during a wave)

But thats only for the first two or three waves. Do alot of research every otherr wave.

-Man on Fire
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
oh! That makes it alot easier

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 03:46
Well, congratulations, you made me waste a good hour and a half of my Sunday evening on this addicting game, lol . One of the best, most addicting DBP games I've ever played, awesome job . On the 4th try I finally got it right and got to wave 67 and decided to quit, because I'd played through the enemies 3 times (it restarts after wave like 27 or something around there, back in medieval type setting), and they couldn't even touch my walls. Here's a screenshot of my awesome fortress right before I decided to quit, lol.

Pirates of Port Royale:
http://www.popr.gwgaming.net (Temporarily Disabled, We Apologize for the Inconvenience)
Live the life.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 04:02
yeah i would have added more enemy types but instanced objects dont retain animations and cloning them isnt really an option as some enemys make other enemys as thats how i did the bullets, so i just did 25waves and they keep looping but get harder each time, so eventually you will loose :p.

Halowed are the ori.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 09:41
ok heres a new version with a load/save feature .

this should be the final build.

Halowed are the ori.

Attachments

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 10:59
hey just tested it and i have a few things to say it is far too easy i got borad when i got 100 tec and on the 57 round how long does it go on for. other than it being to easy it was a very fun game well done and grate idea

for 1$ per month you can get 1gb of ftp space. email me at warship45@hotmail.com if your are interested.
SirFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 16:55 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 17:55
I must say this is a very addictive and fun game! Great job, but after playing several hours this morning, I got this error:
Quote: "Runtime Error 118 - Array does not exist or array subscript out of bounds at line 1763"

Also, I have a few suggestions:

a) The enemy units get damaged before the weapons hit them, I would change it so that they don't get damaged until the weapons fire actually hits them.

b) At 800x600, I can't zoom out and see the entire battlefield, I'm guessing that at 1024x768 or higher you can, I think you should check the window dimensions and allow for zooming all the way out.

c) It seems that there are really only 25 waves, and that they just keep repeating the higher you go, I think you should dramatically increase the number of enemies every 25 waves. I have gone as high as wave 197 before dying.

d) I think having the option for continous waves would be nice, maybe as a seperate "game mode".

But on the whole, it is pretty darn good

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 18:32
your ideas would have been in there already however whilst testing the fps seems to die if you zoom out more, more than 100 enemys makes the fps go down by powers of 2 due to the distance checks between all the possible weapons and enemys,

enemys get damaged once the projectile is fired this is to save fps so i dont have to do a further distance check to see if theyve hit the enemy, i agree 25waves isnt enough but both time constraints to make more media and instance object doesnt copy animation so id be essentially just replacing the meshes hence why you dont see anything animated.

continuous waves would be pretty cool, the menu has it if you notice but the compo is basically over now so theres no point in potentially making more bugs.

i actually only added 200rounds so good you died just before :p, and what happened when you got the error? eg what wave/ what stage of the battle were you at.

Halowed are the ori.
SirFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 20:30
I'm up to wave 302 (score is 3,901,700) right now, I had saved before the crash

When it crashed, it was wave 197, which is only planes I think, and they were swarming the central area (the castle).

I see what you are saying about the fps hits, still a very nice game!

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 21:10 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 21:11
ok heres a fix for your lil crash, and if you wish to use fullscreen mode them goto config.txt in the data folder and change the False value to True http://www.darkcoder.co.uk/Castle%20Defender.rar

[edit] i also bumped the wave count to 750 see if you can beat that :p.

Halowed are the ori.
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 21:32
Looks a very nice game I just posted to point out that you have spelt 'Enemies' as 'Enemy's'.

Not sure if that's intentional, but its my two pence anyway

Good luck with the compo.

Quote: "Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 21:38
errr saves ram *runs*

Halowed are the ori.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:15:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:15:19