Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / FPSC Character Studio Biped

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 19:02
I have a question about the biped for fpsc. I dont have the full version, so I dont know about the skeleton set up that much.

My question is: Can I make my own biped and export it to what ever format it needs to be in for fpsc. Then tell the script to look at that biped and its frames?
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 19:05
Yes you can...but i've never done it so i'm not much help

Tattish did though, he made a good sci-fi trooper model

AE

Origin says i'm l33t

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 20:44
Do you know I ment the animation bones for a character. Thats what a biped is. Because I want to use my own bones to animate melee attacks. The fpsc biped has to much animation for me to work with.

So what Iam asking is, can I import my own animation bones, attach them to the fpsc models within fpsc scripting.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 21:29
yes.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 21:52
Let me clear this up. Can I actually make a brand new biped in 3d max. Export this to fpsc (not export the biped TGC released) format. Then script my new biped to work with charaters in fpsc, without rigging them in max?
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 22:49
Quote: "Can I actually make a brand new biped in 3d max. Export this to fpsc (not export the biped TGC released) format."

Yep.

Quote: "Then script my new biped to work with charaters in fpsc,"

You mean apply your animations on the existing models within fpsc? I don't think so.

"I dont think I like the idea of my little photon being touched up by a switched off proggy and finishing off without ever actually getting inside." - Fallout
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 23:51
Thats annoying.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 04:10
Why would you want to do it in FPSC? Whats your idea, or what were you thinking of doing?

"I dont think I like the idea of my little photon being touched up by a switched off proggy and finishing off without ever actually getting inside." - Fallout
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Then script my new biped to work with charaters in fpsc, without rigging them in max? "

No you cannot, and this is no way a limitation of FPSC. If you want your characters to have new animations you gotta rig 'em.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 13:36
@Joh

I wanted to make melee animations for use with my pack.

@bond1 hyrumark

So I would have to rig every last model from fpsc? What about the biped for fpsc, would I still need to rig all the models with that?
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
If you wanted every model to contain your melee animation, then yes you would have to rig each one separately. The animations are stored and read from within the .x file.

There is no way to load animation data from an external source for use on every model.

You don't HAVE to use the the biped from FPSC, but you'll run into problems if you don't know exactly what you're doing.
It's better to alter the existing biped than create a new one from scratch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 15:16
I guess ill do an animation pack in the future. Ill read your tut on rigging, because every time I rig my models, the vertices get dragged out of line by other moving parts.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 15:33 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 15:34
Quote: "I guess ill do an animation pack in the future. Ill read your tut on rigging, because every time I rig my models, the vertices get dragged out of line by other moving parts. "

Yep, that's a normal part of the rigging process. There's no such thing as "automated" rigging, it's a labor intensive process that requires lots of attention to detail. Yeah by all means check out the tutorial. Good luck, and have fun.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:28:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:28:27