Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] DarkBASIC Revolution

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 15:56
What is DBR? DBR is \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"the new generation\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" of DarkBasic, and a new way to innovation. DBR stands for \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"DarkBASIC Revolution\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"TM or etc. Why change making game for the PC and start making revoluion games? It is because I have yet to find a easier way \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"To Disrupt The Industry\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" than go to the DB/DBP game makers and propose feedback on ideas that could be profitable.

Now you maybe either in \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"awe\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" or just finding this a joke, but I think I am getting the picture. DBR could be a great way to design and create a new wave of games not only fun but innovative, and a new experience as a whole. I think I am agreeing with Nintendo that innovation should be a key roll in the future of gaming, and gaming as a whole or specific thing. Does this mean that it is exactly what you need to discover and try yourself? Does this mean that you should try out Revolution(if you haven\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t already) and see yourself that new experiances can be profitable?

DBR is for those who want to agree and embrace the future of console gaming, and I think it is a right idea. Now Nintendo isn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t maybe the most macho company, but they have an idea, that could lead others to their direction. Now what should the pricing of DBR be? What are the technocallities involved? Now is this a HUGE factor for DBR?

It has been said a Revolution SDK is 2,000 USD(American Dollars). Now so the average DBR user has already used an decent amount of currency just to \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"fiddle with it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\", and now what are you gonna think next when that SDK arrives? You are probably wanting to start making smaller game demos to test the hardware\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s capabilites. Now should this be where DBR steps in? Though they are just making \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"smaller game demos\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"?

Yes this can be where DBR steps in, and maybe you would find DBR technology so embracive, that you might want the final product used on DBR. Now DBR like others are mostly a \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Complete Game Platform\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" where you create or \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"get to\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" create the whole interior game engine or game on DBR. Now is this what we want? Do we want DBR a whole thing or just tech demo stuff? Yes we want DBR useable for the whole process because \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"proffesionals\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t waste currency on a incomplete platform.

DarkBASIC Revolution will encourage you of course to develope \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"New Generation\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" games, and you will be there to be the one making the profit.

Game dev seems hard
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
switch to caffeine free coffee or drink more water instead of expresso (and what the HELL are you going on about? )

Windows: 32 bit extension/graphical shell for a 16bit patch to an 8bit OS originally coded for a 4bit CPU, written by a 2bit company that can't stand 1bit of competition, now available in 64bits.
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 20:41
And what's with all the \\\\\'s ?

x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
....crack head....

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 22:23
Thanks. I'll save this one in the round file under my desk.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 22:28 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 22:32
you're\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
an idiot.

Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 22:35
I think its just a stuck forward-slash key.

Yskonyn - (Ploughing through Hands On DBP Programming Vol. 1)
"It's better to wish down here you were up, then to wish up there you were down."
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 00:18
that'd be funny but its a backslash

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 17:28:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 17:28:44