Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / The Story of Emily Rose

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 22:31
WAZZUP!?!?! sorry, i havent been on at all! within the past 3 months, well this game is gonna be a big one! as the title sounds, its based off of the movie: The Exorsism of Emily Rose. In game, there will be actual cutscenes from the movie, and background music by my chemical romance and matchbook romance. This game will be very professional, gimme like 2 minutes and i'll have some screenies up for every one.

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 22:55 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 19:35
ok ok, sorry for the double post, here is screenie #1, do not fear, more is on its way! gimme like, 30 more seconds LOL

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive

Attachments

Login to view attachments
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
now this is what am taking about after feeling sick of looking at the same screenies of the use of stock media in other screenshots of users claiming to be the next sony or microsoft

its refreshing to see some quality non stock media screenies

welcome back zero keep up the good work
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 23:06
thanx crow34! i've been bumbed lately because i wasnt able to get any help from my friends at school and stuff, so i decided to try and "recreate" the exorsism of emily rose. in like 40 minutes the movie will be on my hard drive hehe.... hehehe, and then i'll be able to add the intro to the game! then ASAP, my demo will be online, it WILL be today, no worries. one more minute, and another screenie will be up

Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 23:39
So your going to download the movie off the internet, then rip parts off from it and use it in a game?
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 23:44
I guess he'll be off to jail if he does that.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 23:44 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 23:46
for non commercial game that is perfectly legal to use a realised movie on dvd am totally looking forward to it

how ever downloading movies online shame on you pooooo

exorsism of emily rose is out on dvd if zero has bought it he can pretty much do what it wants with it as long as he doesnt offer the full movie for download

you guys want to question this and threaten jail just go to

www.fact.org and read the redistrubition clause on movies
Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 23:49 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 23:50
Free or paid, you can't rip off scenes from a movie (especially if you downloaded it off the internet) to use in a game. You need permission from whoever made it or published it.

It's funny seeing people make "fan games" because they think they have bypassed any legal action from the publisher. If they wanted a 'fan game' made, they would hire a company to make them one, I'm sure they can do without a FPSC rip off game.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Free or paid, you can't rip off scenes from a movie"

huh

there a thousand of fan based games based on top productions who do games and fan films and dont ask permission

thats why its called a fan base

as long as he offers it for free and follows the publishers guide lines it will be considered a fan based game only

havent you guys ever heard of

http://panicstruckpro.com/revelations/

and thats just 1 example there are billions more fan based productions out there that never ask permission

i cant see a problem with what zero is doing as long has he stays with in the guide lines
Opus Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 00:15 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 00:22
@ Zero #43 - Great looking screenshot, as has already been said; it's nice to see something original looking made with FPSC.

@ crow34 - The use of copyrighted matertials (including film clips) is strictly prohibited under UK law even for non-commercial ventures. Permission for such use from the copyright holder is required.

Where on the http://www.fact-uk.org.uk does it say otherwise? Because if I'm wrong I'd like to know .

EDIT1: George Lucas has publicly stated that he is happy for fans to make non-commercial products using his works (this is an exception to the rule). The reason you have so many other apparent misuses of copyrighted material is because the companies involved don't have the time or resources to chase them all up.

EDIT2: I'm not trying to put a dampener on what Zero #43 is doing, to be honest I believe that anything that has no commercial value should be allowed to make use of such materials, I'm just stating what I believe to be true.

OG.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 00:28 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 00:52
omfg its the fooking pirate police

i am sat here trying to offer positive comments on zeros efforts

all i get is if you cut clips you will go to jail i aint the one cutting the movie to shreds

zero my advice ditch these forums they have total gone stupid

and opus games am presuuming thats your fake company and not your real name

if it is illegal you have got about 40 billion fan based films and games to report to fact

and also you show me where it say on fact that i can take a movie that i own cut 2 minute clips of it include it in a game as a cut scene and start a fan base for that film

with out fans films would not exist

i truly do give up on these forums they have totally gone to the dogs

end of the day we have people coming on these forums offering stolen models for sale

telling where you can download fpscreator on a torrent for free

users giving there cd keys to the pirate community

users stealing models from turbosquid then passing them of as there own

and all you guys are bothered about is if zero cuts 2 minute clips from a film

save me jesus because i truly do repent zero is cutting a film may he burn in hell

for god sake grow up

even if it is illegal i have to congratulate zero for having an good idea and not a idea based on ww2 or sci fi

and not being small minded to say its illegal if you cut a movie

really with all the things going on this forum concerning pirate media and freaky deaky dutch posts every too seconds

who truly gives a toss if he cuts scenes from a movie i dont you carry on zero ignore these guys am looking forward to seeing this one
Opus Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 01:09 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 01:14
Crow, that you are offering positive comments in relation to the actual topic thread is applaudable and perhaps I should have taken a deep breath before seeming to be laying down the law. It was offered as is and in reply to previous posts.

I have seen the hypocrisy of copyright protection from the inside and I certainly do not wish to put myself across as someone who agrees/believes in it. The only person who loses out is the individual.

@Zero #43 - I apologise for my part in deviating away from the actual topic of discussion, as I have said the screenshot is impressive and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Rich.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 01:22
im part of the us... you can use w/e you need here...unless your planning on selling your game lol

Nunticaelitusphobia---im scuurrred of the internet
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 01:50
no no no, guys, sorry, i kinda left u guys blank with information, i did buy the exorsism of emily rose, i was putting it on my commputer, and i kinda left that part out, sorry! i did buy the movie

Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 02:44
If this is just for fun I doubt very much the producers and distributors of the movie would care.
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 03:10
this is just for fun, i'm not going to sell it i dont think

SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 03:14
heres a clue guys-

NO ONE CARES. If somehow (which is almost impossible) Emily Rose's creators found out about Zero's game, they'd probably be happy to have a fan promoting it! Its not like hes pirating the movie.

BTW, screens look great. Nice custom media, very classy.

Because no n00b is a good n00b.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 08:39
The annoying thing about "Revelations" was that they spent $20,000 on something that couldn't be sold, bought or licensed and it was still crap.

For some reason Star Wars fan films seem to hit a peak at around $5000, spent anymore than that and it also ends up rubbish.

AE

Origin says i'm l33t

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 09:45
The point of the debate is movies can not be recreated, edited reproduce, made in to plays sing along books, wallpaper, toilet paper, scratch paper, paper plates, paper bags with out the expressed written permission of the owner. the liscence at the begining of every movie is quite clear on this subject. but you all can go ahead and rip what ever you want. but they have been cracking down on this alot lately, They just nailed a buddy of mine for copywrite infringement. he's going to jail for a while a long while and he will be broke when he goes in and broke long after he gets out of jail. these copywrites in movies are not just in the United states but they are international copywrite laws. so knock yourselfs out have fun piece out. I will send you smokes when your on the inside. <----doubt you'd go to jail but couild find yourself in a very non-negotiable monetary situation.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 13:11
If you cant pay the fine you get charged with, then its off to jail for you.

You cant even add scenes from a dvd you bought, your still going to be fined if some one finds out.

I dont even know why iam caring so much about this crap. Its not me who is putting their life in the crapper.
Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 20:05
"NO ONE CARES. If somehow (which is almost impossible) Emily Rose's creators found out about Zero's game, they'd probably be happy to have a fan promoting it! Its not like hes pirating the movie. "

Yeah, I'm sure a million dollar production will recieve alot of publicity from a game made with FPSC... they will be serving him with cease and desist papers.

A note to everyone... a fan game isn't a fan game if you don't have the permission to make it from the creator.
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 21:59
LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE! I'm being driven crazy...Doughboy,you don;t HAVE to get permission from the creator to make a fan game...just look at Braxtan Films!

So anyway Zero,how is this game going to work?Kind of interesting actually as I am designing a game on the demonic, this should be interesting!

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 22:04 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 22:05
well as of right now, i'm trying to find a good video editing program so that i can cut clips from the movie to tie in with the game. but so far its going pretty good! in like 20 seconds i'll post another screenie

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 22:06
*Counts down*
That was a really quick reply!

Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 22:18
oK! notice at the left is the demonic skull, and satin floating in the air

Attachments

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 22:20 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 22:21
I like it! Really creepy!Is that guy floating in the ar an enemy or a creepy factor? Or both? Either way, great.

Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 22:24
well RIGHT NOW its a creepy factor, and there are actually 2 bodies like that in that room hehe.........the other body is about the same height in the air but is pinned against the wall by 4 swords hehehe

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 22:37
Quote: "omfg its the fooking pirate police

i am sat here trying to offer positive comments on zeros efforts

all i get is if you cut clips you will go to jail i aint the one cutting the movie to shreds

zero my advice ditch these forums they have total gone stupid"

crow34 -ok man you must have slipped and bumped your head. If by informing him that clipping movies is illegal and should not be done is not positive critic then I do not know what is. All wea re trying to fo is help him avoid an A$$ pain laer down the road. And after all TGC does not allow illegal activity to be talked about on these forums and i do believe that they said in the agreement that they will assist in any legal matters that may arise. *this is not verbatum) so talking about clipping videos really makes TGC just as liable as the person doing. though I could be wrong but I doubt it.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 22:49
its not piracy you guys!! I BOUGHT THE MOVIE AND PUT IT ON MY COMP, so there, its all done now. ............ now, back to making my game with video clips from the movie

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 23:08 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 23:12
ok so you bought the movie good for you. but you did not purchase the rights to use the movie. because if you did it would cost alot more than 19 or 20 bucks. Purchasing a move does not constitute copywrite owner ship nor does it contisitue the right to reproduce the media in any format. uhm you should read a bit more about things before you speak. though the game is a great idea and your screenshots are awsome I like the textures. I am just trying to help man. It would be wise of you to not use them. I have said my peace bro. so you do what you have to do but do not bring up illigal activities in these forums. you never know who is reading them.
and you would be ignorant to think that these forums aren't monitored.

-- Winston Churchill
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 23:14 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 23:14
its not illegal, because i'm not selling it, so ha. and i'm not reproducing the movie in any way, i'm simply putting parts from the movie into MY GAME. and i'm not selling it, so its not illegal,., ok ok, lets just stop the argument now please............oh no, i do know that these forums are monitrd

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9700PRO 128MB, 80GB Hard Drive
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 23:21 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 23:22
reproducing means re-releasing or re-distributing, both of which you are doing. To honest, i don't care what dicission you make but just be aware that these copyrights tend to have loopholes that exploit you. If they can't shot you face on, they'll find a way to screw you from behind...

I agree, we should get back on topic...
AE

Origin says i'm l33t

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 01:27 Edited at: 1st Mar 2006 01:41
Zero how old are you by the way? Yes the age is releavent in this discussion. anyway this picture should be the answer to your question. read this warning really good before you answer and if you are not apart of the united states thats cool too because the movie was created in the US and is governed under our copyright laws and international laws honor US laws regarding copywrite infringement. I didn't add this as a downlaod only pic, I wanted to put it here so everyone can see it and read it.

Gamz-I checked out braxtonfilms.com, the reason they can do what they do is because they use a likeness and not the origional media. using a likeness is not illegal but using the likeness and then profiting off of it is, and that is why Braxtonfilms.com is allowed to do what they do. Zero's case on the other hand is illegal. using origional media (even clips from said media which is refered to as exhibition)is against the law regardless if it is personal or for commerical use. now if he were to grab his camera and make a spoof of it he could put the newly created media in his game and not turn a profit but he could release it for free.

ZERO- what you are doing would fall under the exhibition portion. Breaking up a movie in to segments for viewing in another media form.

MODS PLEASE DO NOT ERAISE THIS PIC. IT HAS MORE RELEVANCE IN THESE FORUMS THAN ANYOTHER PICTURE POSTED

-- Winston Churchill
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 02:19 Edited at: 1st Mar 2006 02:23
reality forgotton

are you really this sad

ok maybe reproduction of 2 sec shorts of a movie is illegal but do you really think that a teenager with a hobby is really gonna get on the pirate radar

bloody hell

with all the other crap thats goes on these forums concerning pirate model packs users giving out cd keys to fpscreator like candy
stealing models from turbosquid and claiming them to be there own

that you would find something better to do than to post stupid ass pictures like this

look whatever alright you go live in your sad little world of justifying every piece of garbage you throw at this forum

i aint bothered anymore

look you americans confuse the hell out of me you carry on with your anti piracy cursade

and zero good luck mate look forward to playing your game ignore these idiot you carry on the good work
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 02:25
Reality Forgotten, I dont think its any use. They just wont listen to what we have to say. They'er kids, and think they can do any thing they like. Well what I say, is go and rip your dvd to your game, and your going to be some ones "close" friend in jail, very "close".
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
higgins whos gonna tell the friggin fbi you!!

and by the way am 32 and encourage a teenager hobby

and i can still remeber when you tried to sell turbosquid models with out authors permission

so my question is

who are you preaching too!!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 03:23
no one said they were going to call the authorities. all we are trying to do is make sure that people understand the copyright laws. and obviously Zero #43 doesn't understand them, this is the statement he made.

Quote: "its not piracy you guys!! I BOUGHT THE MOVIE AND PUT IT ON MY COMP, so there, its all done now. ............ now, back to making my game with video clips from the movie"

you show me were he understands the copyright laws? anyway. I like his idea for the game. And I have told him this. but as with all things, Deaf ears are dangerous ears.

@crow32, man all that is going on is making sure he understands the law and with statements like the one above shows he does not understand the law. What so wrong with that? you'd think that people would welcome the help. but I guess not. And no I am not a sad person I am not a kid I am 27 and I do have a family so kid uhm..I am gonna go with no. I have not insulted anyone nor will I ever it makes no sense to. And as far as living in my sad little world, I live in the same world as you do bro, and I am far from an idiot.

Quote: "ok maybe reproduction of 2 sec shorts of a movie is illegal but do you really think that a teenager with a hobby is really gonna get on the pirate radar"

You know I could really careless at this point because the information has been made available to him. what he does with it is up to him. But the fact of the matter is he has the correct information in front of him. I dont think he'll get pinched for a 2 second spot. And I think it would be stupid to pinch him for a small clip. It's better to keep people informed than to let them walk around ignorant.

Argue with that? I don't think there is an argument not a solid one.

-- Winston Churchill
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 03:39
ok for one thing, its only illegal if i seel the damn game ok? and i'm 14, so, stfu, please, seriously, STOP, i''m not selling the game..... oh and crow34,,,,,i'm american,,,,,, haha, so u dissd me, idc i was just saying, nothin against you bro, ur on my side.

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9700PRO 128MB, 80GB Hard Drive
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 03:47
no ones against you man, if you would have actualy read my post. I think your game idea is good and the screenshots are awsome.

Quote: "You know I could really careless at this point because the information has been made available to him. what he does with it is up to him. But the fact of the matter is he has the correct information in front of him. I dont think he'll get pinched for a 2 second spot. And I think it would be stupid to pinch him for a small clip. It's better to keep people informed than to let them walk around ignorant."

and yes it is still illigal even if you are not selling it. This is why arguments get started. and because you are 14 your parents are liable for all of your actions. another great law our country has. and depending onthe state your parents can be liable until you are 21 when it comes to financial issues. but anyways back to the topic at hand. Do you have any more screenshots?

-- Winston Churchill
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 03:49
pffffffffffffft! ok, this is the last thing i'm gonna say on the argument: people online are WAY to freakin judgemental about the age of kids and what their actions SHOULD BE. ok that was it.., oh, and my next screenie should be up in like 5 minutes, (gotta fix a bug)

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 03:51
How much headway have you made in your game?

-- Winston Churchill
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 03:54 Edited at: 1st Mar 2006 03:55
ok ok, this time u can be judgemental on my age lmfao,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(what do you mean, how much headway??) edit: screenie, hallway to emilies room

Attachments

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 04:02 Edited at: 1st Mar 2006 04:02
cool halway you shoudl try adding this script for the light. Don't forget to change the light to dynamic.

This will give that hallway the extra scary push it needs.

I'm not gonna bag on your age. just keep up the good work!

-- Winston Churchill
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 04:05
hey thanx, how do you get code in the "+ Code Snippet" thingy??...and thanks

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 04:07
use alt+s to open tag and alt s to close tag or you could type it in

[c0de] <---zero is an "o" and use [/c0de] to close it make sure your text is in between the to tags.

-- Winston Churchill
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 04:10
ok, thx

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 04:13
did that light script work for you?

-- Winston Churchill
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 04:15
testing it right now one sec

Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 04:24
no it didnt work sorry

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 04:29
uhm did you set the light to dynamic?

-- Winston Churchill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:34:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:34:28