Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / old manuals

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I still have the old written manuals for db. are these still viable as far as they go?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 22:06
The new help files in U6 (available soon) will be far more up to date than the manual. I would say the manual is around 40% relevant these days. Some commands work differently, and there are numerous new ones too.

Drunken Fiesta
Years of Service
User Offline
The manual is my only real complaint about DB. The DBC manual was okay, but the DBP manual is a whole other story. The tutorial is extremely barebones and isn't all that clear. But it does make a good reference (spelling?) to look up commands if for whatever reason you don't want to use the help files for that purpose.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 20:14
Quote: "are these still viable as far as they go?"

If it's Classic it'd be ok because Classic doesn't change anymore... only Pro is updated.

SirFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 20:17
There are online help sites for DBP that are far more helpful than the built-in help.

Kenjar has a wiki site and Jesticular has a help site too, both of which are superior to the built-in help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 17:30:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 17:30:55