Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Alias Maya like Map Editor :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 16:14
Today i made a map in Maya ( make UV and Textured in Photoshop ) next i load it like a X file in DBpro ... Everything looks realy prety so i ask my self where is the trap ? hmm i mean never heard here in Forums somebody to use Maya ( or 3Ds max, Xsi ...) to make game levels ? is there any hidien problems that i didnt see yet?
Im realy new in programing in ceneral so now is the time for questions like thaht

Flying In A Blue Dream..... that's what i call Satriani style.
FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 22:18
The trap is that DBPro currently doesn't have any real good, working visibility system yet that I know of...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
1GB DDR-SDRAM (May increase to 2GB one day)
512MB ATI Radeon X1800 Series - Finally! A card that does pixel shaders correctly!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2006 23:09
Is the level...lightmapped?

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2006 03:38
depends on the type of map, there are tons of RPG world builders around here that can do it quicker and more efficient than traditional 3-d modeling programs.... If it's FPS indoors there is no reason why a Maya or Max level wouldn't work...

Also, most people don't use Maya around here because of the price tag and it's not supported (format conversions) as well as the others you my find mentioned in the forums..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 17:37:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 17:37:44