Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know how to bring 3D max meshes into FPSCreator. What I would like to know is if it is possible to create a game level in Max, and import it as a prefab in FPSCreator. Basically, I don't want to create the game environment in FPSCreator, I want to do it all in max, then bring that file in as a prefab, and set everything else up withing FPSCreator, such as weapons, doors, etc. Anyone know? Have I missed a tutorial, or is there other documentation where this question is answered? I searched around and nothing turned up, so if this has been answered on more than one occasion, all apologies. Thanks.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2006 17:54
Currently I dont think thats possible. There are also other things that FPSC handles for you, from simplified collision hulls, culling, assigning sounds to materials and randomized texture sets.
While some features are nice to have but may not be used, others like collision and culling are crucial for performance. It certaintly is not impossible to setup max as a level editor, but it would take alot of work, including coding.

"I dont think I like the idea of my little photon being touched up by a switched off proggy and finishing off without ever actually getting inside." - Fallout

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:34:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:34:15