Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Free Assult Chick model, but......

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 04:12
I downloaded the latest Fragmotion - ms3d exporter - seems like its the same one I already had. Still I installed anew.

I also downloaded the latest version of Milkshape as mine was not up to date.

However none of these things fixed the issue with the bones of the Neon model even after re -exporting from Fragmotion and opening in the latest version of Milkshape.

Strangely also - its the first model I have ever opened in Milkshape that this bones problem has ever shown up. Never happened with any other model. Thats why I presumed it was something to do with how FPSC enlarged the weapon, but maybe not.

Has anyone else tried the latest Fragmotion and Milkshape updates and got a fix?

If so dont know why I am still seeing giant bones?

ak470000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 01:36
I was just relaying what the fragmotion message board said in the link above, sorry it didnt solve your problem

Uman you seem to know a lot about rigging models. Have you ever considered making a tutorial? A lot of people ask how often, and it would be a much needed valuable asset.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 03:26
Its not at all a problem.

This was the first and only model I have come across so far where this large bones issue has cropped up in Milkshape. I have not seen it show up with any other FPSC characeter model.

As it happens The bones show up fine in Fragmotion. So I just Ignored the display of them in Milkshape as you cant really edit them there because of their display (do that in Fragmotion if necessary) and the model and animations seems to work OK inside FPSC.

I dont realy know a great deal particularly about rigging in any programme - its basically the same for any programme and its not rocket science - just a lot of painstaking work.

All thats needed is to get your skeleton or make one up from bones - sellect relative mesh vertexes which is the hard part and assign them to each bones appropriately. Once thats done its simply a matter of selecting the various limb bones and moving/rotating etc them to differing positions to simulate the character movement and assigning keyframes to each position. If all correct then the mesh will move as you move the bones. Just a lot of hard work unless you have progs which can do some of the work automatically.

Fragmotion certainly and Milkshape too perhaps can auto assign most vertex and that can help if it gets it right. Just any stray ones then to correct.

My favourite tool is Truespace and plugins to apply skeleton and animations automatically - but my version is way behind and out of date and wont export correctly to FPSC - it needs updating and to be honest. I cant afford to keep up with the upgrades. Stuck then with hand rigging and animation.

Bugger.

The trouble with animating by hand is that as far as human type characters are concerned is firstly its a very long job and secondly there no way you will ever match the realism of systems that use motion capture or similar which gives excellent quality realistic movement. The best we can hope for doing it by hand is poor by comparison. Humans and animals have very complex body part movements.

I think there are already some tutorials re-rigging and animating around the forum already. Milkshape (help) and many other programs web sites also provide a lot of information and tutorials on the subject and I would only be repeating anyway information which exists a plenty - we just need find it.

What I do know I taught myself and leaned by following such tutorials. The basics are quickly picked up if you follow the help files supplied with Milkshape alone.

ak470000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 04:03
You're not going to believe this, but my modeling tool of choice is Truespace also. I use an older version for the same reason, I'd kill for some of the new features and plugins, but my pockets aren't that deep. I use 5.2, how about you?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 06:06
Same version here 5.2.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 06:06
@ Uman- did ya try getting the latest version of Milkshape? It may be something on how milkshape is reading the exported model, because I don't have problems with bonesizes.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 08:32
Yes I have the latest version.

Not sure whats up - must be my version of the model.

Have you got the Girl working OK in FPSC yet?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 21:46
I accually strted on a different one useing the extracted animations from a different charicter other than aiko. In frag motion as I mentioned before I found 3 variations of the same skeleton. One with the "misplaced joint" off to the right of the skeleton, one with it touching the floor directly beneath the model, and one just below the joint where the crotch is. So I may re-rig the model to this skeleton at a later date. You mentioned that it doesn't bleed when shot. Any idea on how to do that? It is imperitive for the zombie game I may make when we get an updated engine. I mean a zombie game without bloody deaths is like...I don't know, a bloody death game without bloody deaths.

JEEZ!You people just STFU! You waste more space complaining about people wasting space than the people your bashing! Man, I thought I had no life.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:30:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:30:04