Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Tywald's Shmup-Dev entry. (W.I.P)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2006 23:15
Here's an image of what is going to be my entry for the Shump-Dev competition. As usual whit these W.I.Ps the game will change its looks during develompent and the final game may look different from this one. Right now it's just a picture to get your attention so that i now can describe the game.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4287/shumpwip7od.jpg

Piloting the fleets most advance starfighters (what else?), the players must blast their path trough the enemy attack fleet and destroy das über evil commander/central brain/general/emperor/flag ship/master computer...well you get the idea.

As normal the players are outnummbered but never outgunned once they get hold of the weapon pickups some enemies drops when destroyed. They can use one of four weapons wich are the Vulcan Cannons (shown at the pic) that provides a high rate of fire, laser cannons that covers a wide area, unguided rockets that's very powerfull and the plasma cannon that packs a lot of power but is rather slow moving and firing. When picking up the same weapon as the one the player's carrying the the weapon upgrades into a more powerfull one.

Other usefull pickups are the "Shield" that adds one valuable extra hit for the player, the "Extra Life" (wonder what that one does?) and various pickups to increase your score.

Most of the important game mechanics are finished such as weapon handling, effect handling, enemy control and collisions.

I'll provide you whit more information and pics from now on until the competition ends.

Any comments and questions are welcome.

- Tywald
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2006 23:16
that looks pretty cool.

Check out my site!(unfinished)
http://www.freewebs.com/dbnewbie/
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks cool, but I think you started a little late Compo ends in 13 days

Shmup-Compo Clock

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2006 08:51
haha nice clock!

that game looks sweet. there will definetly be some competition here.
looking at other people's work i feel like a total newbie :/

HorizShootiz progress 1337% :/
Tywald
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2006 16:15
I'm not too worried about the time left. I started whit the project during february and i'm not trying to create a complex game. I'm not really going for a contest winner, just making a little game just for the fun so it will not include much features.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:31:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:31:38