Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Panorama

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 21:11 Edited at: 9th Mar 2006 21:38
New thread in the program announcements board!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=73760&b=5

I took a break from Soulhunter for a while and I made this!
It´s a very simple and probably totally unnecessary. It loads a skysphere and a .x landscape and "converts" it to a panorama image. The loading time is awfully long and the image quality is quite crappy, but I thought that it was a fun idea.
Put your own .x landscape in the "world"-folder and run Panorama.exe. This is made in DBP because it would take a year to run it in DBC... Post bugs if you find any, and gimme some comments. Maybe I´ll develop this further, but probably not...

Just press the [Download]-button below!

Screenie:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds pretty cool... could it be used to make skyboxes rendered in DBP to keep your game feeling like its all from the same world rather than an uber high quality Terragen render for your background and well media like in your screenshot for everything close to the camera I ask this because usually when you make your own skybox it has to be slightly bowed to give it a spherical effect. Does the camera distortion in DB accomplish this? This could be a pretty cool game dev tool...

www.badpicsofmatt.tk
www.silver-dawn.net
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 07:29
Yeah 'zzz' definately lets have this go a step further and make a texture net for a skybox...that would be great !

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 12:34 Edited at: 8th Mar 2006 12:36
Ahh, I did a proggie that renders Skysphere textures like that.

Damn handy because you can use it to give people 3D screenshots of your game, like instead of uploading a JPG you make a little viewer (just a camera stuck in the middle of a sphere and rotating with the mouse, user mistakingly trying to WASD move innevitable ). With decent res skybox images you could make a viewer too, except the quality would be much better with Skyboxes. It's a neat trick to render a terrain in DB then use it as the backdrop, gives awesome continuity and makes things much easier for the less artistic (bryce terrain exported to DBPro and rendered vs drawing terrain by hand = no contest)

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 18:33 Edited at: 8th Mar 2006 21:34
Thanx! Oh a spherical texture thingy, that would be hard... How should a texture like that look like?

[Edit] I think I know how to make it render faster, I´ll fix that tomorrow!

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 19:10 Edited at: 9th Mar 2006 21:14
Ok, sphere texture rendering, done. Faster rendering time, done.
Moving this to the Program announcements board.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=73760&b=5

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:18:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:18:23