Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / are trails possible in dbp??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 00:57 Edited at: 8th Mar 2006 00:57
or will they ever be??

like in this picture:

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 01:15
I'm sure theres some way to program one, but theres no built in "make trail" command. Almost anything is possible in DBP, its just up to you to make it that way.

Pirates of Port Royale:
http://www.popr.gwgaming.net (Temporarily Disabled, We Apologize for the Inconvenience)
Live the life.
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahmm if you look closely on how trails are done it's easy to work out...

I took 1 glance at Unreal Tournament 2004 and immediatly thought of how they did it.

Simply created alot of plain objects coloured them blue and placed them with the object timer. E.g. for every 2 seconds put a non-active trail object at the current objects position + rotate it the same way the object is facing... it's nearlly the same way tracks are made behind tanks in things like C&C hope that helps.

I'd show a full example but I only have DBC

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 01:49 Edited at: 8th Mar 2006 02:26
thanks,ill try that.i think thats the lazy coders' way of making trails lol. im sure it wont look as good as the real thing,but until i become an expert dbp coder (lol) ill have to go for the fake stuff.

edit:

ok. after playing around in dbp,this is my 1st attempt at a trail,feel free to try it out,use it ,whatever.maybe someone could also improve it?

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 06:50
There are trails in the codebase.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 17:31:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 17:31:41