Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / lots of questions for a total noob

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have some questions need answering and if u could, stick up some code..... thx!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.could i make a function that handles the cam controls for a fps game and is it required to use it inside or outside the main game loop?(i had the code from some tutorials but i cant understand the mechanics....)

2.how could i make a .dll to have my functions and subprograms?

3.could i make a command like......
set gravity objectname,on/off?
(standart values for gravity pull)

thx for everything.... though i dont still know if anything of what im asking is clear but thx anyway!!!!

getting better day by day
george_d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 18:36 Edited at: 9th Mar 2006 14:27
hello toulis i will try to help you with your questions.

1- yes you can make a function to handle the camera movement and it is best outside the main loop so that you can easily track the syntax of the program. I would have this as follows.

You would need to add checks to stop camera xangle being >90 or <-90 and to put values in look_speed# and move_speed#

2 - you can make a dll with C++ and use it in DBPRO but I don't know much of C++

3 - you can make a command for gravity. You would need to put your entities in an array to hold data on the effect of gravity

This is only a very simple way of demonstrating it. You would need to check the ground height (perhaps of the terrain?) to determine whether to apply gravity on the object. Ive also assumed that the array references correspond to the object number i.e objects(15).gravity_pull refers to object 15

I hope this all makes sense

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 17:41:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 17:41:59