Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / could i get sued??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 17:16
if i use a car i modeled in my game that looks like a porshe?? or auti?? i plan to sell my game someday and just wanted to know about this before i start modeling more cars.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 17:33
its Audi btw

"looks like" without the emblems, names, or any other protected data then prolly no, especially if you don't sell your games. Otherwise, then you might get sued, and watch out if Philip bear is their attorney You'll be done for

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 21:16
Beware cars in particular - some of them have their shape copyrighted, so I've heard. The sillouette of certain cars (I think Porche is most famous for it) are considered distinctive enough.

Just be careful
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 00:03
If you live in the USA always remember, you can be sued for anything at any time. They don't even really need a good reason. I do not know how it works in hobbit holes though.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 00:08
Haha, I just figured out what his avi is

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 03:22
Quote: "If you live in the USA always remember, you can be sued for anything at any time. They don't even really need a good reason. I do not know how it works in hobbit holes though. "

Also if you really don't want to sue but just make somebody think you're going to sue them... tell them you're going to take them to Judge Judy... they'll do what you want real quick.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 20:00
Nah you've gotta be an actor to get on that show

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 17:42:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 17:42:59