Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / my new game this my new game that

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
my new game this my new game that doesnt anybody actually finish a project round here and post it

or is this board full of people going from project to project just so they can show off
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 18:13
I think the forums are full of kids, and people with no experience with game design. They make up a story, and start a game, then say they have scrapped it to make a better game, that then never gets finished.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
i am glad i leave on the 25th to finish my 1 and only project ive been working on since day 1 of fpsc

as these board have slowly and steadily become chaos and noobsville
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 19:24
You are right, crow34.

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
This forum needs some admins.
I mean,even this tread dosnt belong here,This is for showing projects and not to tell people what tha heck you dislike.
I do agree that this forum is full of kids and yes,i mean YOU f-word(ing)kids making look this side like crap.

Dark

Just a fan of art!
Skitza
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it's hilarious that no admin ever catches these spammers. The mainly mod the other DB forums, not FPSC's. I think that is mainly due to the amount of spamming done here, and the amount of people who buy FPSC and cannot actually do anything related to games (like modeling and coding), with the vision of a Half-life 2 like game in mind. But then there are those who know it's limits and are serious about FPSC, which there aren't many of.

Which, basically, makes the FPSC forum crappy as hell.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 02:08 Edited at: 14th Mar 2006 02:11
spammers mmmm once again a valid point is lost to the chaos and noobsville that is these forums

guess i am wasting my time and forum will continue to see more crappy stock media 1 level demos

Quote: "do anything related to games (like modeling and coding), "

ive have been doing modelling for 4 years now so once again your wrong

and i dont have vision of creating a half life game i was discussing the level design try reading the posts before you mock people

i am simply trying to show a unique quality to the level design in fpsc by making a point that the level design in limited

i have also spent 2 years coding in visual basic with the truevision engine

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/292516

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/292458
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 02:11
nice models crow

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 18:22 Edited at: 14th Mar 2006 18:26
Bump.

I agree.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 00:44
crow34,

I understand your point, but i think you overlooked something.

although stock media is something every FPSC user has, that doesnt mean its bad. i mean, remember my screenshot with hands? that hallway was using 100% stock media (although rearanged and some meshes were combined and such).

I think what you were trying to say is that all the newcomers use stock media in theire games that are just thrown together, and that theyu are pointless, and to this point i agree.

i could open fpsc right now and in an hour could have a stock media game equal to oro better than some of the games being produced here. But we all could, and thats the point of the software.

i think the younger ones get really exited about theire first or second games, and release them like no one even knows what FPSC is, but after that, it calms down a little.

i agree with the need for some sort of admin pressence here. maybe if they have no time to visit these forums, they should allow FPSC elders to possibly maintain order.

just my opinnions

crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
i couldent have said it better bully well put
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah,olders users to maintain order..
hands up for 2002 users

Just a fan of art!
Skitza
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey uh crow i wasn't talking to you. I was agreeing. I like your stuff.
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 17:29
It does not depend on how old you are, it depends on how mature you are, I am only 15, and i model, and I am learning to scriptĀ“-
I still get teached English in school, (because i live in Denmark)
and even though I have just written a tutorial for how to retexture models-

Dont judge people on how old they are, or how they look, judge them for what they do-

but some of your points (bullshock) is true, but really, dont call people kids, even though they are "still popping sits"
beacause, you never really know what they can do or cant do.

Essal

Check my website========Free segments!!

And Remember, never drink more than 30 beers in a row.
himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 17:46 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2006 17:47
There was already a thread simalar to this:

Clicky

Smoking makes you look cool, Kids! You keep at it!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 19:02 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2006 19:05
essal,

although it does depend highly on the maturitly level, kids tend to have lower maturity. All i'm saying, and i think its the point of this thread, is that kids get so excited about this software when they open it for the first time, and practically go crazy.

When you are young, that does limit your experiance, lets say most people started to model at the age of 12 which i dont think is quite accurate, but lets assume it. and now lets say that your 15. youve been modelling for 3 years, but you cant afford good software so you learn cheap or free software (assuming your not a pirate) so you start to model.

well it just so happens that most of the cheap or free modelling packages have little or no documentation. so you start to read tutorials. you learn about half the stuff you would in 3 years from tutorials then you would from classes, but classes cost money (stuff that most kids dont have) and they take time and a bit of travelling some times.

Being a kid also tells us that you havent ever worked in the professional industry before. so, no matter how much experiance you think you have, its still minimal.

now, dont get me wrong, ive seen some really young people do some really amazing things, and amazing models, so im not saying that this is all the kids here, im just making an assumption to make my point.

another thing that kids do when they come here is make a quick (in my oppinion CRAPPY) game or two and release it like it took them years. and they try and act professional and say my company will blablabla.

and thats when the older people just laugh ( well, we used to, but now its getting annoying). It takes a lot to form a company, including more than one person.

who remembers that guy that was listing his features from his game, and they were like all stuff that came with fpsc? that was funny.

and who remembers the 15 year old kid who was trying to sell peoples games before with no experiance, saying "i post at 47 forums" to try and sell your game.

anyway, what im trying to say is simple. kids tend to flood this forum with games that in my oppinion suck, and act like they are a company and all this other stuff. if you go to my seqoiacorp website, it says at the bottom its not a company, i know that.

and i say kids because it is kids. I'm sorry, but a 30 year old guy isnt going to be super happy about FPSC and start posting his game and his site evreywhere and say how awesome it is when it took him 15 minutes, but thats because of maturity, and whether we all like to admit it or not, maturity tends to gromw with you. there are some mature kids no doubt, but im speaking generally.

enough of my rambelling
[end post]

Maeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 06:01
A hint: Kids don't spell properly. Like they have no capitalizations or periods and make mistakes but don't correct them. They might pretend to look tough and GO ALL CAPSLOCK.
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 09:43
@bullshock,
You are right, I was just pointing out that not all kids are as Immature as the ones you pointed out.
I see your point.
P.s
Quote: "who remembers that guy that was listing his features from his game, and they were like all stuff that came with fpsc?"

Yeah that was a funny one

Check my website========Free segments!!

And Remember, never drink more than 30 beers in a row.
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 13:22
personally, i tend to work with stock media selectively- for example, if i have a halway that would look great with one of the original fpsc segments, ill use it. but if theres not anything to fit my needs in the stock media, ill just model it or retexture one of the old entities.

Something witty and/or humorous.
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 13:40
im 13, know visual basic 5 and 6 and im onto my 2nd game with fpsc even though my first game should have put onto cd and burnt with a lighter.

Doom,where the sanest place is behind a trigger.
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 00:36
I am 12(Believe it or not) and I know the basics of C++ and BASIC, and can do a bit of 3D animation. So your assumptions that kids have lower maturity levels is accurate, but some of us actaully have some knowledge of programming and game making.

In short, it seems like you guys are sterotyping kids.. but thats just my opinion.

Athlon 3500 - xfx 6800XTreme - 1GB RAM - 200 GB HD
Sound card and speakers - ****
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 00:37
Quote: "I do agree that this forum is full of kids and yes,i mean YOU f-word(ing)kids making look this side like crap.
"

Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 00:52
Um to the above quote this guy I mean Goth doesn't even OWN FPSC.

Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 00:55 Edited at: 30th Mar 2006 01:03
Quote: "yeah,olders users to maintain order..
hands up for 2002 users "

Sigh...
Edit: This guy has been using DARKBASIC since 2002... not FPSC.

Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 12:10
i may not be good at making games, but thats cos im busy saving retro consoles from exticion, theres only 2 games of total carnage still working and in there arcade machines! the other 3 r either broken or not in a machine!!!!

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 17:37
Please do not post your age on these forums. This has been mentioned before, remember there are alot of bad people out there...

Felony Rise 10% complete
Middle Earth ORPG 2%
visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com/index.cgi for Felony Rise discussion and Dark Basic Tutorials soon
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 17:40
who ses it was my real age?

Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 00:21
same

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 02:26
Sad truth, is that you are 12 and 13. What kind of mature adult uses smilies all the time? Its childish.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 03:26
Im 21 and I think that a program like FPSC appeals to a huge age range, and as such you're gonna get allsorts on here, and dealing with posts by kids (that are a bit eratic and immature) is just something to deal with. It shows maturity to just accept it, and help and advise them on how to become more accomplished developers.

With regards to jumping between games... I guess young kids can't stay up until 4am getting that door to blow off it's hinges juuussstt right, so they're not going to become as attached to their projects as older developers. When you've put a great deal of time and thought into something it means more to work it through to the finish.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
No names but it you feel am talking to you then am meaning you!

-Age dosnt matter and its also not a sad true,also smilies dosnt matter,smilies are there to express a little bit deeper the feeling with wich you writted your comment. Its not a war about whoĀ“s is Mature and whoĀ“s Not!

-Its not a matter who is using FPSC and whoĀ“s not,IMO Showcases are there to comment on someones work. (Please dont tell me again i have been rude and blah blah,I know it!)

-BTW,Why did you start this thread crow34,You claim "The forum rules this and that and kids this and that" but you dont follow them either.. Or do you have something to show?

-Btw,Its not that i dont agree that Kids do get sometimes at anyones balls and that this happens everyday here,But well i came to the point that this should be fighted by enforcing the rules and the professionality this forum(Their administrators)want to express.
But to do this There should be more administrators,moderators and all that is needed.
We should also not forget that everyone has a certain age,character and way of think. That dosnt mean he is inmature,an idiot or something else,In my opinion Mature change in the internet cause of the anonimity,at least body anonimity.

Well like i say,Admins,Moderators,Warning the users of their acts (No warns from user but from someone with the power to lock your account,at least for some time,A week or so)and pointing them to the consequenses that may come and pointing them to the right direction and also information on how they should post something and why it would be better to keep things that way.

PS:Thanks to the one that quotes me that much,next time try to do it in one reply,There is also an edit-button by the way.

Dark

Just a fan of art!
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the heads up dark

to let you know i started my game project at the beginning ea i have been on the same project ever since

i am currently recoding the engine in dark basic to include a server lobby and improve the ai of the enemy

which is 40 percent done

the whole point of this thread is nobody ever finishes there project or they have about 50 projects on the go that use stock media

the whole point of this thread was to see if anybody was making a game using non stock media and showing a little innovation in there projects and prehaps actually finishing there game

any way heres a screen shot

so dark ive showed you what i am up to what are you up to

Attachments

Login to view attachments
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 06:11
Looks really good Crow. I hope to soon be able to model weapons of that caliber. Keep up the good work.

-NIK

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 06:36
Im implementing weapon swap and melee and alt fire

i have also been on the same project, and im done with about 2.5 levels (including cutscenes) but im trying to fix the story zone bug

nice screen crow

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 11:41
Most of the kids here, get too excited, have to big a dream, always never finish a project. So if you want to say some kids have the same mature level as most of us adults, then fine.

Crow, your game reminds me of postal 2. Its the game iam playing right now.

crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 14:40 Edited at: 1st Apr 2006 14:41
Quote: "Crow, your game reminds me of postal 2"

cheers higgins by the way i love postal 2 share the pain online

just started apocolypse weekend

and dark i am still waiting to see you projects or do you just come on to fpsc forums to piss people off?
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 15:02 Edited at: 1st Apr 2006 15:05
Nope,I do not!, You and everyone else will get to see it soon.
By the way,I am a level designer and just do levels but as soon as i finish some levels i will be looking for programmers to test effects and all the other things.
by the way,When i feel i should show something then i start a thread so everyone can see,thats also 2 more cents to the maturity talked here.

Dark

Just a fan of art!
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
cool dark cant wait to check out your projects

and i am glad that you understand that a level of maturity is need here

maybe we can start seeing some cool projects on this forum at last
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 15:52
Your a very bitter guy Crow.

Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 16:06 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2006 00:26
Quote: "maybe we can start seeing some cool projects on this forum at last "

Yeah,Whatever!

Dark

Just a fan of art!
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yeah,Whatever!"

i guess i was right you are here just to piss people off

i was trying to say was i was looking forward to some cool screenshots from your self
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 19:40 Edited at: 1st Apr 2006 19:42
umm.. You're not allowed to post your age if you're under 16 years... Some posts in this thread needs editing...

Indeed these fps creator boards are filled with newbies... And with the lack of mods here, it just has to end up in chaos.

I really don't visit these boards anymore(Only some rare times). They are filled with pointless posts. And it's filled with really un-mature users.

-The Nerd

3D Arcade-like game:
SpaceBattle-Shootout
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 19:52
un-mature!!! Thats not even a word!!

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2006 19:54 Edited at: 1st Apr 2006 19:55
Quote: "un-mature!!! Thats not even a word!!"

My main language isn't english...

-The Nerd

3D Arcade-like game:
SpaceBattle-Shootout
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
English isnt my lenguage either and i didnt lern it good in school,i just perfectionate it(and keep doing it) here in the internet.
Crow,that said,I am sorry,I didnt recognise the true meaning of your words. I though you were trying to make somehow fun of me and telling "Well,now lets see darkĀ“s masterpiece *DevilLaugh* "..,Come on men,we started wrong,lets work together and not against each other.

Dark

Just a fan of art!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 00:50
Dark, are you a level designer with Radiant?

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 05:10
from some of the posts ive seen in this thread, personally, i am on neither side, though recognise both opinions, leading me to a statement where you should all just ignore this issue. You all must realise, FPSC was designed and built for easy game development, and target markets ranged to people of all age and intelligence (mostly). From this, you can only expect children to have their fun with the tool, giving them a sense of the game making environment, as if a stepping stone to the future, opening their chance to express themselves and say "I made that game" when really, the hard things are done for them. You have to realise this is the aim of FPSC, and though some 'adults' are given the ability to render it more useful, using custom media, the stock packages remain for a great use, and as true adults, you should have the ability to look down on these children and respect their development. After all, there is no need to boast over why someone younger than yourself is not reaching a greater standard.

Just put all this behind you, the stock is there for a reason. To be used, and to a large extent, after all, the stock has everything needed to build a full game.

-Jon

RedCore Software + Design, Click on image to go to My website.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 14:28
Jon, it does have every thing you need. You just need the brain to know how to place them all to make it look good. Most of the kids here just place a lot of crap down, and call it "Super killer zombies from moon 4". So I still think you either need to know how to do level design, or be a mature adult.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 16:20
Quote: "either need to know how to do level design, or be a mature adult."

Seeing as the level design system is in squares and mostly all grid aligned, you can only expect that quality from them, and why do you assume that it takes a mature adult to make a level, i see your point relating to game design such as the naming, and "over-doing" of the game, but you need not be mature to create an FPS, in fact, someone "really mature" wouldnt even be creating a game in the first place, thankfully, we are more deviant to these issues

this case should be closed, FPSC was developed for exageration of ideas and very stupid an 'wacky' events

-Jon

RedCore Software + Design, Click on image to go to My website.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:20:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:20:30