Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / -About the 3D game maker-

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 19:15
Ok....so with the 3D game maker....ya'know how you can put cars on your maps that you make...well, i was wondering if you can get in and our of the cars...like in the GTA series....i have a great idea for a game!
kyle thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Wrong forum. This is for DB only, unless I'm mistaken.

Hi
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 19:37
If your that serious about making games, 3D Game Makers not going to work for you (from what I've heard), so if your really serious, get into programming with DBP .

Pirates of Port Royale:
http://www.popr.gwgaming.net (Temporarily Disabled, We Apologize for the Inconvenience)
Live the life.
Okashira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 21:11
Yeah, the 3D Game Maker is not very useful in my opinion. It is not very flexible, and as it is advertised, is meant for 'kids'. Read reviews of it, what they mean by kids(or at least what I think they mean, I can't speak for anyone though) is 4-10 years old.

Don't get 3D Game Maker if you are not in that age group, or if you want to do something more complicated then this example - Drive/Run/Fly on so-called level(more like a track, unless you design your own. But in the level designer you can't even choose where objects and enemies go, so a final boss could start before all the other enemies!), shoot enemys with horrid A.I., and then win. Oh, and do all this with only one weapon!

I don't mean to burn T3DGM , it is good for a certain demographic. But if you want to make a GTA(or are even aloud to play GTA ), learn DarkBasic(classic, or pro. I have classic, though I suggest pro. But pro is alot more expensive), or if you are up to a real challenge, buy something like Genesis3D and learn C++, that is if you have a couple hundred bucks to shell out(I don't ).

Well, I hope this helped!

-Okashira

Let the games begin!
GAME freak99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 13:18
Thanks...yaeh...3D game maker sounds a little, babyish. i'll just sick with DB for now
Okashira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 16:08
Your welcome. If you read your other post in 3D Chat(I think that is what the forum is called), I gave a more detailed guide on your choices for what you wanna do.

Let the games begin!
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 19:10 Edited at: 12th Mar 2006 19:13
Quote: "But in the level designer you can't even choose where objects and enemies go, so a final boss could start before all the other enemies!),"

I used 3D Game Maker once... And that's for sure a lie... 3D Game Maker isn't maybe flexible but it does what it says. And you can place objects and enemies with the placement editor, which means that you can place objects and enemies just where you want to... And no way the boss will start before all the other enemies(unless you don't place any enemies in the level!)... The boss will always be placed in the end of the level, and the player in the start. There a decided points for the start and end of the level, so this can't happen.

-The Nerd

Okashira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 21:38
First of all, when I tried it I was not aware of an object placement editor, so for that I am sorry. Though, it was not on accident, so don't accuse me of lying. And secondly, if you read my post again you will see that I meant when you make a custom level, which is true(if you don't use the object placement editor, I guess), even if you have enemies.

Let the games begin!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:23:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:23:31