Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Kingdom Hearts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 09:12
Has anyone ever played "Kingdom Hearts" before? If so please reply to this question, though any help is greatly apreciated

How would i construct an engine like Kingdom Heart's Engine? that seems like i'm just asking out of the blue trying to make a game based soly off of someone elses source code. so this is what i have down or somewhat based on it (this is not true source code, rather based on the lines of)

Thanx all! I was browsing the web in another server as i was writing this so sorry if it might not make sense.
thanx

DarkSONIC -signatures change quickly...
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 14:47
If you described the game's engine then you'd get a larger base of replies, possibly a more intelligent base of replies as well.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 10:45
Well, the games engine is well, eh, weird. You see you can move around with the analog stick (left on PS2), however you use the D-PAD to select what you want to do while moving around, the selection area is in the bottem left hand of the screen similiar to Final Fantasys Command box, the commands are the same too, ATTACK, ITEM, MAGIC, and OTHER pretty much. You can use the right analog to move the camera around, and the buttons are as follows, X = select command O = Jump, /\= (i forgot what that does, sorry) and [] = (i dont think that does anything either...) and then there are shortcuts you can use by holding L1 and pressing X [] /\ or O. You can move around freely without having to wait for it to be your turn, and you can easily play once youve played for an hour, you cant skip movies, and theres hidden items, so pretty much its an ACTION/RPG game. I cant think of any other way to explain it, thanks.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 17:37
So you're...asking us...to program Kingdom Hearts for you. You were right, your question is way to broad. Something like "how would I allow the player to move with the left analog stick of a joystick and maniulate the camera with the right", or "can someone give me a basic layout of how I'd create a simple battle engine featuring real-time combat, possibly with a very basic menu system like final fantasy's". Not, "can someone tell me how I'd program Kingdome Hearts".

Refine your questions and you'll get some help, nobody is going to program an entire game for you. Atleast not for free. I think.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 06:44 Edited at: 14th Mar 2006 06:44
no no, i dont want you to program it for me, then there would be no point in even programming it! if i wanted someone to program it for me id ask them the question "Will you make me Kingdom Hearts?" all i want to know is the controls, ive got a pretty good idea, but i get stuck on the JOYSTICK X commands, and i have no idea how i would make a menu like the one in kingdom hearts. by the way, thanx for replying.

[EDIT] not meant in a bad or sarcastic way

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 13:52
This might help, plug your joystick or pad in and it will return the number X needed to use joystick x. plus other control numbers.

I'm not getting you down am I, Ho Look! another fancy Door?
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 16:47
Well here is lot of Square Enix fans . I am one of too..
Hmm.. I never saw command append object.. =/ i go check it

There is something funny in picture? Then you gotta try out Moomins In MushroomForest game!
Blazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 20:34
you know kingdom hearts had to use that little menu because there are only about 15 buttons on the PS controller. However people will be playing your game on a keyboard which has about 100 buttons, you have more than enough keys to have different buttons for item, attack, magic, special, etc...

Roses are RGB(255,0,0) violets are RGB(0,0,255)...
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 23:58
I sugest that yopu leave KH keys and use Megaman Legends 2 keys. They are munch bether that KH and it doesn't have that camera problems since you have to control the camera

KiTsUnE wOrKsHoP
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38186&b=7
There is alot of RPG related code in that thread which the masterpiece that is Kingdom Hearts happens to be. In fact later on in the thread Andrew Neale posted a snippet with movement very similar to Kingdom Hearts.

BTW, In the game the square button is utilized for the super glide ability and block/rolling ability.

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Fryedrycestyle]

[/url]
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 06:02
thanx all!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:33:03