Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Is there a way to upgrade...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 01:52
I doubt there is, but -

Is there a way to 'upgrade' DarkBasic to DarkBasic Pro? You see, I bought DarkBasic Classic a few weeks ago, not knowing support and such was discontinued, or that Professional had that many more features.

So basically, I just paid money on a product. Then I find out that product's support and such is discontinued. So now, I have to pay more money for the 'right' product. I am not asking for DarkBasic Pro to be free, just if it is possible to get a discount or something.

-Okashira

PS : I purchased DarkBasic Classic from Amazon.com, if it matters.

Let the games begin!
Chilled Programmer 420
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 13:16
im not a mod, so dont take my answer as fact, but from seeing other replys over time id say no, escpecially because you brought it from an outside source.
but i might be wrong so wait for a mods reply

[url=www.freewebs.com/tyhrfg][img]bruce.bmp[/img][/url]
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 17:39
You can purchase the Extension Pack which gives you all of DBP's features (I think). Check out the homepage for info.

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 02:55
email the game creators.if u explain your situation to them,they might give u a discount on dbp.
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 04:06 Edited at: 14th Mar 2006 04:07
I'd say to hold off on upgrading until you learn about DBC. I used DBC almost a year before finally buying pro. Just use DarkEDIT instead of the default editor, and it's really quite nice. Since you bought from Amazon, I believe you already have the enhancement pack for free (my version from Amazon had it included.)

Really you didn't get a bad deal at all. DBC costs almost twice as much if you buy it from TGC anyway. When you're ready to upgrade, go for the online version of Pro.

Okashira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 20:57
Thanks alot you guys.

Let the games begin!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:22:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:22:55