Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with creating stand alone-exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to make a final exe that contains all the image and music files. I already added those media to be included in the exe through DB's project panel.
It was turned out to be a large size exe, but when I run the program, it displayed cannot find file error.

How do you make stand alone then? And there are only images and music files included, no other files like matrix, for additional info. Thanks you for your attention
driftman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 23:25
have you tried to change the setting in the project manager to EXE with attached media instead of Normal EXE
i've never played with it, but it might be the answer you were lookin for.

I have a lil' white jacket that lets me hug myself forever.
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 11:38
here is a really crappy way to do what diftman just explained, open the .dbpro in a notepad (using open with) and scroll around until you see;

; **** Executable Information ***
; build types: exe, media, installer,alone
build type=exe

and change build type to alone,

this was a joking post

DarkSONIC -signatures change quickly...
Crystal Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Well... I already changed that the setting to compile the exe with media.(of course I also added media files on the media section of project panel)
I think the media files were included in the exe(its a whooping 8mb exe compared to the usual 1MB exe), but the exe cannot load them properly... I'm using this code:

Does that mean I also need to change the load code to support the attached media within stand alone exe?
BTW I'm still using DarkBasic which I bought 3 years ago... maybe it's a bug on the previous version too.
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 23:45
do you have battle1.mp3 in the folder where your source code is? that may be the problem. and lemme guess, you have played Firewall?

Only when the last tree is cut, the last river is dammed, and the last spot of ground is paved will we realize we can't eat money
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 01:44
DB user 2006+ stop being an idiot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:21:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:21:40