Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Sky attack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a post to show a screenshot of my first DBpro game. Wanted to start with something simple so the game I'm making is inspired by an an old Tomytronic handheld game called Sky attack. The final name of my game will most likely be different just haven't had a good idea for one yet. The link below will take you to a site with a little bit of info about the original game.

http://www.miniarcade.com/tomy/skyattack.htm

I'm trying to give the game a kind of retro Tron look (yeah I know been done a million times before but I like it ) hence the faceted models.
Still lots to do but I have the bare bones in place - the tank moves and shoots and the angle of the gun can be adjusted. Have modelled two of the enemies and have a few more to do and also need to add some more fx to try and add a little Wow! factor. Should have everything finished on it within a few weeks - gameplay is simple so shouldn't take long to finish.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 04:12
wow it looks pretty cool.

Check out my site!(unfinished)
http://www.freewebs.com/dbnewbie/
BF game programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 05:08
looks great keep up the good work!

Boba Fett - "put captin solo in the cargo hold"
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
looks cool dude! keep updating us

Ruckage
Years of Service
User Offline
Another screenshot of the progress. I've added lots of wire frame cubes to the background to make it look more interesting - simple but quite effective. Starting to get that Tron/Rez look that I'm aiming for. Will continue work on the enemies and post some more shots once they are ready.

Attachments

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, nice! I love the style!

www.badpicsofmatt.tk
www.silver-dawn.net
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 23:15
Nice graphical style, lookin' cool mate keep it going

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Ruckage
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replies. Things are progressing fairly quickly. I've just added the first enemy type which is a mine. They don't pose much of a problem on the early levels as there aren't many and they stay still but once you get past level ten they start to move from side to side just to make things a little trickier - not to mention there are lots more of them . On the new screenshot you can also just about make out the ghosted moutains that i've added at the edge of the course.

Attachments

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Dang, the graphics are nice. Maybe clean up that arch thing a bit, kinda looks sloppy. I know its hard though with the blocky rendering. Still looking nice though! Hey, does the tank constantly move or is its velocity player controlled?

www.badpicsofmatt.tk
www.silver-dawn.net
Ruckage
Years of Service
User Offline
@Agent Dink

Thanks Agent Dink, I agree about the arch - I think for the size of it the poly count needs to be higher as at the minute it's a bit too blocky so will re-model it - looks like something on the snes. The tank moves constantly in the game with the speed increasing with levels.
Ruckage
Years of Service
User Offline
I've made a new model for the Arch and changed the look of the tanks bullets. I've also implemented collision detection so the enemies can now be shot. You will also see in the screenshot I have included the beginings of an explosion effect. To begin with I just used the old expanding sphere trick but wasn't happy with that so instead made an explosion model. It's not realistic but I don't want it to be and I think it fits well with the stylised look of the rest of the game.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:17:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:17:46