Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My textures will not load onto the object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 21:31 Edited at: 16th Mar 2006 21:32
I have loaded my world that I made in 3D World Studio but the texture of the plants isn't showing up. The grass clump is just showing up as black plains. The world is a .dbo. The .tga texture is in the same folder as the world. What am I doing wrong?

Insanity is just a state of mind

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2006 23:32
Your question is kind of vague, heres some solutions

1-if your using db classic, then your models must be .x or .3ds (try exporting your models, dont save them)

2-I dont think DB can read targas, try making it a bitmap (.bmp)

3-you have to actually have a TEXTURE OBJECT command in your source where you create your objects. Something like

my code may be off, but that should help

Only when the last tree is cut, the last river is dammed, and the last spot of ground is paved will we realize we can't eat money
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 21:56
Sorry for being too vague. I am using Dark Basic Pro. I don't want to texture this object because it will make all its parts the same texture. The ground and the plants in my picture are all one object. The ground's texture is working. I checked and when I use load image I can load the image of the texture which goes on the plants, so I don't see why it would not be able to load with the object.

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 20:12
try to texture the limb with texture limb command
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 00:11 Edited at: 19th Mar 2006 00:12
The grass is not a limb, it is a part of the object.

tiffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 20:43
I think what you need is a program called deep exploration. When you use the packages built in export feature to change it from it's native format it sometimes screws up. And more often than not it cant map the textures the same way.

Assuming you havent used any special material features deep exploration can usually do things right.

Im not a hundred percent that deep exploration supports 3d world studio but ou can check on their website.

By special materials i mean stuff that's specific to the software ie bumpmapping or fur.

Cwatson

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 21:24:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 21:24:55