Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can you search for threads where you have made a post ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know I can search for own threads but would like to review threads where I've made some sort of contribution. The search boxes at bottom of page don't offer this (I've tried). Is there a way to do it ?
Hippie Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 02:13 Edited at: 17th Mar 2006 02:13
99% sure you can't but I wish you could

Mysteries Surround You
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 02:15
You could start posting a unique signature at the end of every message, and then searching in google for that signature phrase, bringing up all of your posts starting from the most recent.

Chilled Programmer 420
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 10:36
see that dropdown box at the top?
next to forum name and post title?
select my threads, press go, and there ya are

[url=www.freewebs.com/tyhrfg][img]bruce.bmp[/img][/url]
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 12:08 Edited at: 17th Mar 2006 12:09
@420 .... Before being a smartarse, why don't you learn to read? That wasn't the question!

Another option is when you make a contribution, check the Receive email to your Mailback address checkbox. It's too late for previous posts but for any future ones you will have a list of posts in your inbox.

Geo Kinkladze
Years of Service
User Offline
Scraggle,

Good idea.

However, I'm almost considering taking on a Personal Assistant to manage my e-mails, so this might push me over.

Ruccus,

another good idea, however it relies on the quality of my memory, which is never a good idea
Chilled Programmer 420
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 14:34
oh yea...
ok, my bad

[url=www.freewebs.com/tyhrfg][img]bruce.bmp[/img][/url]
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 16:06
Geo it could be as simple as writing "- t3h Geo" at the end of the thread, doesnt have to be anything big.

Geo Kinkladze
Years of Service
User Offline
Ruccus,

Actually that's a superb idea, and I didn't really appreciate it first time round, hence my lack of enthusiasm. It even means I don't have to try and wrack my brains to think of something funny and original to put in there ('cos I kinda feel like I have to, you know).

In fact before I posted I went and did what you suggested. I typed Georgebushisaturd but figured every one would eventually catch onto your idea and it'd be quite a popular phrase, which would defeat the object.

What do you think...

[Scroll down]

Skcollob
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 21:25
Haha completely random, its perfect. Might be interesting to see if you could create a Javascript program to do the search for you. Im not that great with javascript so Im not sure how hard it would be but since Google uses a form type submission I dont think it would be too hard, maybe Ill give it a whirl tonight. maybe

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 22:40
Or you could just use the google search to search for your username...

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 23:28
Which would bring up your profile, your own threads, anything anyone else has said about/to you, programs created by you hosted on the dark basic website, Code Base Entries and more. You'd have to do a lot of sorting just to get to the posts that you didnt make. Which thne raises the question of if you want your own threads included in the list or not, if not then you should only use the signature in response threads, but thats getting a little picky.

Geo Kinkladze
Years of Service
User Offline
Strange,

Skcollob, Geo Kinkladze and Kinkladze don't work in the google search. Quoththeraven does.

WTF ??

Skcollob
Geo Kinkladze
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried Georgebushisaturd and it says "couldn't find anything, did you mean Georgebushstore" so i clicked ok and it says "couldn't find anything"

Skcollob

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:20:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:20:38