Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Free Stuff... Seriously. Just free source code.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2006 16:34
I was recently contacted by someone who had seen Beer Run and liked it and was wondering if they could have the source code. It has been a long time since I did anything with it, in fact I never even converted it to DB pro.

This got me thinking, I haven't really used DB much lately. Not because I don't like it, in fact I think it's a fantastic tool... Mostly because I just haven't had a 3D artist to work with so I have been focusing on doing flash games.

Anyway, enough rambling, on to the free stuff. I figured since I'm not using it, I might as well let anyone who wants a couple of my projects to use them. They aren't very clean or optimized, but hopefully there is some useful stuff in there. So here's the links!

Feel free to use the source for these two games any way you want.

Beer Run Source (DB Classic): http://www.egoant.com/BeerDev.zip
Perimeter Breach Source (Db Pro): http://www.egoant.com/PerimeterBreachDev.zip

Anyway, I hope these can help someone out... And maybe I'll eventually hook up with a 3D artist and get back to it!
kyle thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, this will definatly help me out.

Hi
MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 06:33 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2007 18:14
I wonder who that misterious person that contacted him was...

-MS

Coming soon...
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 19:39
Ahh beer run, I remeber that entry from when I started using DBC, nifty little game, great to see it around again.

M.I.A is pending
EgoAnt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 20:19
I actually recently picked up the Torque engine and am settling in for the long haul. I have decided that I am going to try in the next year to build a game suitable for release on XBox Live Arcade.

The funny thing is, I may be using DB Pro more than ever now to quickly prototype gameplay stuff for it just to test it out.

I feel so out of the loop with DB now, though. I really miss it. But I needed rock solid multiplayer code, and after I struggled with the multiplayer code in DB I decided it was time to evaluate other options.

Anyway, if I find any other source that is useful I will put it up here as well!
Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Torque game engine eh... isnt that what they did that blockland game in. Blockland is fairly nice though i think they should add more stuff in. the link is http://www.blockland.us/index.asp?p=Home if you care to give it a try.

EgoAnt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 18:28 Edited at: 5th Apr 2006 18:29
Yeah. It's funny, a lot of people get into the whole "this platform is better than that platform" discussion. But for me it's simple, DB Pro is fantastic for a great many reasons, an excellent balance of simplicity and complexity, flexibility, and a great community.

Torque has two key advantages, great multiplayer code and the ability to port to a bunch of platforms fairly easily (including XBox 360). It is, however, a much steeper learning curve. To me there is no comparison... Neither one is better, they are just different.

That's pretty much all I'm going to say about Torque, though. Out of respect for the DB community I'd rather keep this thread to discussions of DB related stuff, and encourage anyone who has free source to add to post it here. If we want we can move the Torque discussion to another thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:32:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:32:43