Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How do I animate weapons??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 04:49
I have milkshape but I dont know how to animate mine.
Can someone give me a link to a tutorial or something??
himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 11:51
Search on google for tutorials like that, it'll eventually turn up there

Formally known as 'Ali M'
freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 19:18
k i've been doin that...
haven't found anything yet
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 14:54
Check some of the sites devoted to FPSC resources.I can think of fps-files,fpsc resources,fpsc universe and Ozark Games,just to name a few.Check them out.I know one has a tutorial on how to animate your weapons in Milkshape.Good luck.

Not changing this sig until I get rich
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 19:31
We do not have any tutorials on Ozark Games yet. I plan on doing a tutorial on a gun, from start to finish; Modeling the gun, UV Mapping the gun, texturing the gun, and getting the gun in-game. But this will most likely not come to pass until later on this summer. Thanks for mentioning us though

-Keith

Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 21:51 Edited at: 20th Mar 2006 21:52
Crazy,

MilkShape works a little different than GameSpace, TrueSpace, etc. You need to apply bones before you start the animation. Here is a good link for a tut that models a Glock (among other things), but doesn't touch much on final animation:

http://dhost.info/realityfactory/tutorials/modeling.htm

Here is the good stuff. Lots of great tutorials on Milkshape, just choose a section.

http://www.josh.ch/joshch/tutorials/milkshape,welcome.html

/JOOM

*Also, the people at the MilkShape forums are always really helpful.

ak470000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 23:09
TrueSpace seems to retain bones okay when exporting to .x format. I'm curious, has anyone successfully used TrueSpace or Gamespace to make an animated weapon or enemy, FPSC in particular?
Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 01:29 Edited at: 21st Mar 2006 01:33
I've done some basic weapon animation in it. You don't need to use bones, just set up your keyframes and move things, basically. Keep track of your frames sections for the FPE. It gets a little more tedious when you're doing multi-part weapons (sliders, clip changes, etc.), but it's still a relatively simple procedure.

I've also done two handed melee animations, but it's a pretty cheap effect because no matter how many weapons you have or how much they move, there is no damage inflicted till the end of the animation. For instance, you can swing two swords around for five minutes if your animation is long enough, but the hurt don't come till it's done.

If you do two handed guns, it's pretty much the same thing. Only the finish of the right sided animation draws blood. At least, that's been my experience.

distrust
Years of Service
User Offline
cinema4d works well for animating guns. quick and easy. plus u can export them as x files with the xport plugin. the only problem im having is how FPSC loads the textures (very very low quality. abismally poor). nothing like the texture when the gun is rendered in cinema4d, or when the x file is loaded into deep exploration. (i need help with this. its really annoying me!!!)

http://www.myspace.com/djdistrust
freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2006 20:45
Well thx for the advice ppl i'm sure i'll find something
Hugzmeister Games
Years of Service
User Offline
hye does anim8or work as for animating guns? yes, i now its called anim8or and it does have skeleton support and stuff, but how do u save animations with anim8or? i don't even know if it can save .x's

''
__

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 04:31:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 04:31:53