Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Texture Load Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 08:25
Ok, I have Dark Basic Pro, but whenever I try & load a texture (any & all), I get this message...

Runtime Error 506 - Could not load image at line 9

9 is a texture I am trying to load into my game, here is what I have for that line...

For some reason, none of my textures load. I dont even know if my models load properly either, but ill address that later. I am currently running version the latest version, which is somethine like version 3 or 3.x, but I am running it, with DBPro full version (not demo.)

I also have the image loaded in the blue media tab at bottom right, & it is in my projects folder as well.

I am sorry, if this message has been made 7 thousand times, but there is no search, so I am not sure, even though I think I probably will have been asked.

My current OS is Windows ME, if that helps to solve my problem, everything just doesnt load.

Thx,
kfoong
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 23:30
I get the same problem with mine. I got DB. Maybe its a bug...

--------
http://www.stellarblue.vze.com/
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 23:41
Are the images that you are using square numbers, i.e 256x256, or 64x64? If not that might be the problem. I would recommend a 256x256 texture as that gives good balance between speed and resolution.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
xmen
Years of Service
User Offline
Load image "..\al_grass.bmp",2
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 07:01
@ Kentaree

Yeah, its a 256 x 256 bmp image file.

@ xmen

Hold up & ill try it...

Nope, it didnt work, I wouldnt have thought a minor change to that part would have made much of a difference, but it always can I guess, thanks anyway though.

Anyway, if this would go to help to solve my problem as well, I am trying to do the matix tutorial on darkbasics website (with the textures, but less random.) I am just trying to use my own texture instead. For some reason, whenever I download code, from the web, it seems to work a lot more than when I try & make it myself, could it be my computer or a hardware issue? Im running an older card (GeForce 2), but it shouldnt effect anything, as I can run UT 2k3 on it & there really is no difference (besides sharpness.)

All im trying to do is learn how to code in the 3d perspective, & see where that takes me. I have an idea for a character select, a menu screen, & multiple other items that I want to make code for, & donate to everone who may want it, off of my webpage. Until I can get a basic texture loaded, I cant proceeded with anything. I will try a menu code that someone gave to me & it worked, & I will see what is different about that, comparied to mine (minor differences I know to take into account.)

Thx, Rich, you have any idea(s)?

Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 07:14
Hmmm, for some odd reason, it seems it worked when I played around with some of the variables a bit more. Anyway, it seems to be working, & when a try & view the screen, it works the way I want it, so I guess I fixed it.

Thanks for all of the help & sorry about the double post. ^^"

WarWolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 09:36
Hmmm... This happens to me when I use Texture Maker-textures. I have to open them in Paint and save them again to make them work.

I didn't steal it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:54:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:54:16