Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Art work for game:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 01:43
I know I have'nt posted in quite some time but I do come in and snoop around quite a bit. Kinda getting all my modeling together for when either Riker9 is worked on or FPSC actually picks up the ball and gives us an update so we can actually save games( *skakes fist in air ). This was done with poser6/real skin shader by face off python script/3dmax6/photoshop/eye candy. It's going to be of the title sceen characters if we can ever actually make a game. Though this actual render may not make it to the title screen I wanted to do a pick so I could see her with hair and the armor, ect.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 02:40 Edited at: 1st May 2006 02:45
Very nice work, Locrain. I like the hair. Thought about doing anything special with the background?

-Keith

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 02:43
Sweet!

Not changing this sig until I get rich
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 02:57
Well that was more of a test...I was testing some new photo shop brushes for the hair actually. My plan is to have kinda a collage of some of the main Npc's in the game..much like the original star wars poster in 77 if you remember that( darths head kind of opaque and other characters placed around) for my title screen. Right now I'm just trying to get all my modeling and texturing down. I don't use anything thats a freebie other then that model is Vic2( free from Daz Studios if you ppl want it) and I morphed her face around. This way I can have high poly models for the cut scenes, then a version I run though the polygon cruncher for the in game stuff. I just got mimic for poser so I can cue up all the speech with the .wav files. I kinda want these things a lil higher res then the in game stuff.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 19:37
Looks good; feel free to post any test animations/cutscenes. Yeah, I remember seeing the original Star Wars in the theater (I think it was the second one though, as I was only 3 when the first one came out); great stuff.

-Keith

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 20:41 Edited at: 20th Mar 2006 20:44
That pic reminds me to FF8 The character "Rinoa" The princess

(the only thing missing on the picture i posted is the SSeed Uniform and it looks almost the same as your pic)

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 01:16
Hmmm, I'm not really making the comparison. Never playing FF8 I scrambled to google to make sure subconsciously I had'nt seen it and was coping it. There seems to be a dress unifom and a battle uniform. The male dress(top left) has some gold in it but when you look at a reporduction(middle left) made for sale I see no similarity. The female dress(bottom left)has a similar color theme but just cause theres red and gold. What im thinking is the battle uniform(top right) is designed so the bottom goes way below the belt line and the front is closed where you see much more clevage on mine. As for the character I'm not seeing the likeness....all the pics ive seen of her look so anime( eyes far apart,small mouth,straight asian hair).

If you can find a pick where they look like what I've created please post um or email to me. Part of creating something is knowing its all your ideas and not something you blatantly ripped off someone else....even if unknowingly. The second pick is an unrendered ss of the full character. Maybe seeing her whole get up will spark you or others memory as to if I've plagerized anothers work.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 06:25
I see poser!

Your signature has been erased by a mod. We don't want your pyramind schemes, thanks.
Your welcome rich Just had to add some stupid comment in there, didnt ya?
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 06:52
I said it REMINDS because it looks like partly on that photo thingy...

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
good i idea doing it in poser however you will run in to a high poly problem when exporting out to max

i advice you use these models in motionbuilder and create some cool cut scenes

as far as i remeber poser has a bvh motion import feature

so you can import custom made bvh motion files it also has a background scenery setup feature

so my advice check out \

alais motionbuilder pe edition

it should look pretty cool when done

well done
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 15:21
Crow:
Man ya totally missed the part where I said I run models though the "polygon cruncher" 3dmax plugin. The way I like to do it is make a High poly models items in max. Make the items to conforming clothing then place them on the model in poser. You then put the model into the "DaVinci pose" and do a render front and back of very high quality. You then export this model to 3dmax and run the polygon cruncher and I shoot for 1000-1600 polys which are the size of the FPS models. Remember that at this point the models are still in the DaVinci pose, and I redo the UV maps for this new low poly version using the render I made for the High poly version as the texture. I don't have motion builder but can do the low poly animations in the max and all the high poly scenes are done in poser which has a very ez to use animation system.

The low poly model above I know is'nt in the same DaVinci pose as the original but I had problems doing the rigging when the legs were so close together and I cant find the max model I used for that pose but you get the idea. Basically I've got Low and High poly models of anything that would be in a cinamatic.

Sil van Harberden:
Quote: "the SSeed Uniform and it looks almost the same as your pic"
Thats the line that worried me. Wasn't worried about "reminding" but if I was plagiarizing that was a different deal.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 02:43
Ehhh, don't want to destroy your work.... but you're now allowed to use the original Poser and DAZ models in game engine. You really may want to check out the user agreements, before you find yourself in trouble with EF or DAZ.

Both are know that have taken people to court who use their 3D model for anything else then sprites, 2D renders, avi's or flash or printed media.

You can use the 2D output for about anything you like, but not the actual models. You can export them to a different 3D application like 3DSMAX, as long as they stay in there and the output you use is only 2D.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:27:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:27:26