Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Barbed Wire??!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 12:05
After fiddling around with the FPS Creator I eventually went to test my game...As I left my little house I noticed that when I turned left or right because I was at the edge of the map all it looked like was sea! Would anyone have barbed wire or fencing I could use to stop this from looking badly made?

Dark Basic Shadow, The New Guy To Dark Basic

Who came up with the word noob?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 14:47
You can put up an outside wall or something like that.I am sure if you look around here someone has fencing.I know if you buy Gravematter it has fences.I always try to put something up to cut of the point of vision beyond the boundaries of what I've done.Not only does it tend to look better but the farther you can see the more polygons are counted against you and it is a definite speed killer,meaning your frames per second are going to drop like a rock.
Doing outdoor areas in FPSC is a challenge.If you search the forums you can find some posts dealing with this.Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Not changing this sig until I get rich
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 15:27
Might I recommend some hills for your map? You could add the hills in and then you could add in transparent walls... just a suggestion.

Who shot the couch?
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 16:15
That is what I am doing for my games. For the first one, I am just adding a big wall, and for my next one, I am going to put hills with invisable walls up (if I can get some invisable walls! XD).

Black Terror
Official Website
Jrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 17:40
For invisible walls black terror just retexture the reg. walls and make them black so they won't show up in the game... at least I think that is what you do.

Athlon 3500 - xfx 6800XTreme - 1GB RAM - 200 GB HD
Sound card and speakers - ****
W H I S P E R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 22:30
There is a nice looking invisable wall on fps-files.net
And also for a decent fence try the Xmod pack (On fps-files.net aswell)

[img]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=873873 [/img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:34:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:34:12