Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / joining objects, limbs help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 00:04
Hi there,

I basically want to join two cubes together into one object, is this possible? The cubes are just created using the DBPro primitive commands (make object cube)

Before anyone says, "just make a bigger cube", there is a reason behind this madness, in that I want to eventually joins lots of cubes into one object to programmatically produce an object made of squares, but rotate them all as one.

I have tried hunting down the limb commands but got lost when the add limb command started asking for a mesh number.....mesh? I only have two cubes....documentation yielded no help, nor did searching the forums, unless I typed the wrong words in

thanks for any help
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 01:52
This should probably clear things up a bit, read over my responses there and then ask if you're still confused:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=64643&b=7

Euphoria
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 09:54
Thats perfect Ruccus, thanks! I did manage to work out the whole convert object to mesh, delete object process, add limb stages but didn't realise that once youve added the limb you can actually delete the mesh......That sorta cleared things up nicely and makes some sense in the cluttered head of mine.

I woulda replied earlier but my thread was still pending that tis annoying.

thanks again
Euphoria
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 21:44 Edited at: 21st Mar 2006 23:45
Double post sorry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:32:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:32:03