Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / User input... DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 10:10
Hi...
Im pretty new(and newbi) to DBP... So my questions is:
1.How do i get a text that people can press on and then go to the next meny?

2.How hard is it make a FPS game with DBP?

that was all... Sry for waisting your time!

Visit our site : www.freewebs.com/tpfpsc
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 15:50
1 the best way i think is make a sprite,set a sprite with the mouse by using the commands mousex(),mousey().
then check for collision between your sprite & the mouse sprite,also check for if the mouseclick = 1 (if so do whatever u wanted).

2 not sure about this,i guess it depends on your experience.
its easy to code the camera as your player.then model a gun in your modeling program.use code to keep it with the camera..that should get u started.

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 17:34 Edited at: 21st Mar 2006 17:35
1. I made a function (command) that does this. It prints out text on the screen and then check if the mouse x,y position is on it. If you then click, the function returns a 1, else a 0. It sounds harder then it is; its quite simple.

2. Depends on how advance you want your FPS to be. One like Half life 2 will be VERY hard for someone with high experiance, and to a newbi, like you and me, its propobly impossible. But the basic stuff, like camera movement, is not hard at all. Multiple bullets in the air is a bit harder (i think, never tried it). But an FPS is much easier to do then an RTS. So keep on working. Take one step at a time and suddenly you have made your first FPS.

Goodluck.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 18:03
As for question 2 you may want to take a look at this:

http://www.ruccus.net/Tutorial.htm

Its not finished, not sure if it ever will be, but its a tutorial on creating your first FPS. So far its helped a lot of people get their bearings on programming with DBP.

- RUC'

Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 20:04
Ruccus... I have done that with 1xxx to understand it...
But that wasnt your fault... It was good described and all that... But you know n00b brains...xD

Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 20:07
btw... it crashes and says "-OBJECT SIZE Z(1)" at line 44

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:33:03