Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Ronin team request 2.0 - Modeller

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 17:56
Right here goes, my second team request, last time I didn't get the other position filled and felt I may not need it, however, i found I do, which some may find this request ironic;

We need a talented character modeller/texturer
(It ironic because character modelling is my strength)
The textures MUST be all in one file in order to use Mike S's Normal map generator

Reasons needed - As you can imagine a huge project will have one huge design plan, I need to work on that more and make up concept crap for it as well, and direct the game itself into the right direction and not to mention my alevel work i have to do. And so appointed myself 3D modeller wasn't a wise decision.
So I plan to do the level design etc with texturing and do the non character stuff, and direct and help sett with programming.

What is needed - A relatively good 3D modeller, who can work from reference images who can texture their own models, polygon count will not be too confined, for NPC's 1000 polies is good and up to 3000 for characters/important NPCs so I am not a maniac who want super cool models at 500 p .

You will realise I am busy person, I will be working on my design document and concept images as much as I can until easter, but I have a high demand on coursework at the moment, so work will be minimal

However, Over easter I will have plenty of time to draw up work for any modellers, which will be the best time, then after easter I will have a lot of work to do until after the exams, which end approximately june 5th and hopefully will be light loaded until september.

But I do not hold any promises.
The catch is you work for free However you will be first to be asked in further Seppuku Arts projects, and may (I say 'may' loosely) include money.

*You will need to provide work here to be judge by me or other team members*

And well not to break the forum rules for team request .

Information

Current team members -
Bryn Price (AKA Seppuku Arts) - Level designer/modeller/texturer/Director/shaders
Gauthier (AKA Sett)- Lead Programmer
Adam Biles (AKA Oolite)- Animator/Modeller
Cian Rice (AKA Animeblood) - 2D graphics/Music

Current special thanks by me - EVOLVED (Shaders)
From Sett - RPGamer (Colision code?)

Plot - You play as Akai a samurai who in the begining of the game loses his honour by missing his shot with an arrow in a battle against the invading clan (he hits his general, oops) and is forced to seek life as a Ronin, and upon his first job as a hired Ronin, he fins himself revisting his old master, to only find an evil secret he must stop, but cannot do it alone at that point (Makes sense not to kill a master in a castle full of samurai)

Progress:
Engine nearing completion
Models - Well, we're getting there
Shaders - Water and grass implemented,
normal mapping(maybe), per pixel lighting, bloom to be added

Screenshots;
Water + grass

A test of the original bloom (however we have a new version to implement instead)

Original crappy Akai model in the engine

More of the water shader

Battle system of test models

He's running!

Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 18:49
its a shame i am busy with work because i would love to spend more time on this.

This is my model, this is what we hope to acheive for the rest of the characters. She was a main character so she is under 3k, although this may come down later on, the characters quality may slide from this to improve performance however...

whatever package you use, it must export either 3ds or obj, obj is preferred (personally).

As sepp said, must provide textures with your models, they usually come to me for rigging and animation so no worries on that part.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 23:06
We've figured out a way to sort out our character modelling issue without team requesting, so that means this thread has been RENDERed (scuse the pun) useless

Thanks anyway people, mods you may lock this now

PS For those who are curious, Oolite said he would model one of each gender and I can edit each of them into the looks of each character I need.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:26:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:26:59