Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / My First Tree Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 02:17
Okay I broke down and bought the aliencodec's treemagic.... And I got to say it is amazing how simple it is considering I was using the other treemagic and I will say the interface on the aliencodec is far far better.... Wish they had a refund policy at the other place

Anyways I read through the agreeements and stuff and I guess what I make I can do what I want with it. So this one is on me... I hope you all like them...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 02:20
Good pack CLIPS, though you might want to post some screenshots for users to see ?

And if you can, check your yahoo messanger (sorry to post about it here)

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 02:29 Edited at: 24th Mar 2006 02:32
I hate to be the barrier or bad news, but this is how a built game looks like :

I guess that is the problem with the program you`re using with FPSC, i just posted the "error" so that you might be able to fix it, if possible.

Attachments

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 02:43
ohman thats totally weird because I had to make each one of the fpe files and I also had to drag all the files over myself so I like quadrupple checked everything before I zipped it up... all the texture files are in the same directory with the texture file string in the fpe file blank to look for the files in the same directory and all the texture files are with the .x files and I even took screens from my own fps creator here ill post the screens... its working in mine... im trying to see why yours may error because my zip file has everything that it should have but let me check again obviously I missed something....sorry but iull have this fixed real quick...unless someone see's something I missed then post it to let me know...

Attachments

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 02:44
here is another screenshot

Attachments

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 02:45
and okay one more....now to see why this isnt working for you...

Attachments

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 02:46
Those are really good looking; combine it with Dodics hill pack, and TGC's Boulder model, and you'd have some great outdoor areas. Good work.

-Keith

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 02:53
Okay I looked at my zip again and I think the file structure was wrong so I reconstructed the zip again and this should work.

Attachments

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 02:55
im game if the others are your all welcome to put my pack with theres if you want I know what its like to organize your folders in your editor anyways...

TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 12:40
cLIPS
the trees work just fine when u test ur game inside the creator tool but....

when u make an .exe file the trees will not work

use the build tool and see for yourself

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 16:44
@CLiPs,
Your FPE files do not have a texture specified so the trees will turn out white like that.FPSC only allows you to specify one texture at a time.If you check out the thread "Tree pack contest" you'll see what I mean.I took an FPE file and specified a texture which I got by box mapping the tree model and painting the uv map so the tree had a texture.While I am sure it's not the prettiest tree if you look in that thread there is the .exe,the FPE file and the texture.
There may be an easier way to do that and as you can probably tell from looking at the tree I am not the greatest texturer.But maybe it will help.

FLA

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 04:27:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 04:27:49