Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Crosshair Replacement Tutorial, and Free Crosshairs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 04:29 Edited at: 25th Mar 2006 04:40
Here is a tutorial on how to change crosshairs. First you need an image editor that supports export in DDS or TGA. Try IrfanView (really hot program) http://www.irfanview.com. It exports TGA.

So use any program to make you crosshair (it can be any size, FPSC automatically centers it.) Black is the automatic transparent color, and IrfanView doesn't save transparency so I don't really know if it works to use a different color as transparent. But anyway, you make your pix.

Now save your picture somewhere where you'll remeber it. Go to
Quote: "C\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator"
. This should be your main path, unless you made it something else in installation. If so go whereever that was.

From this directory go to
Quote: "files\gamecore\guns"

You should see the catagories:
Scifi
WW2
Modernday

The meaning of these folder names should be obvious. Go to the appropriate catagory of the gun whose crosshair you wish to change.
Once inside, select the folder of the same name as your selected gun.

Inside this folder there will be a file named crosshair.dds
Rename this file to something like Old crosshair.tga or
Stupid Crosshair.tga.

Now paste in your crosshair and name it crosshair(tga or dds will work)

Thats all it takes! Elementary dear Watson

Awefully Simple or Simply Aweful?

Watch out, this bunny bites...
rabid rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Here are my crosshairs. Mostly comical, or colorful.

Watch out, this bunny bites...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gangsta Gamesta
Years of Service
User Offline
nice the black part is transparent good job
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 08:55
I'm going to be selling my crosshairs (about 40 of them) in my crosshair pack. I think this tutorial has just halfed my possible sales. Thanks alot...

AE

Play my Basic Trainning Level: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72985&b=25&p=0
**Crosshair pack coming soon**
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 10:17
Quote: "I'm going to be selling my crosshairs (about 40 of them) in my crosshair pack. I think this tutorial has just halfed my possible sales. Thanks alot..."

Your crosshairs can be used with out buying them...

On your pictures of them someone could copy it to paint delete all the crosshairs of the one you want put it onto paint shop pro or whatever and resize it...

www.jkgs.moonfruit.com

I was Jacko but I changed my name.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 12:45
I'm trusting people to not steel them, especailly when i'm pasting lower quality, smaller sized preview anway.

AE

Play my Basic Trainning Level: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72985&b=25&p=0
**Crosshair pack coming soon**
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 13:46
The free crosshairs are a nice gesture and...original.
I don't think AE has anything to worry about...although the smiley face was certainly inventive.
I will be buying the crosshairs pack eventually,AE.I think a lot of forum members will find it useful.

FLA
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 13:58 Edited at: 25th Mar 2006 14:00
I'm not sure what the size difference is between FPSC crosshairs, and the ones that AE displayed; but if you try to resize them to make them bigger, they would become pixelated and unusable anyways. Someone would be better off trying to make their own than to do that. It's true that most people can make their own crosshairs; but AE is making it easy for someone, by buying his pack (I assume it's a low price) you would save time on your game and be able to work on other things. Additionally since this a drag and drop program, you're gonna have people that don't even know how to open paint itself. So for those people, it's a good deal as well. There are quite a few users that don't even sign up to these forums, but they are looking through the forums for things such as AE's pack.

If it makes you feel better, you could post the full size crosshairs with a water-mark, AE. I like what you've done so far; I don't see anyone else doing it. My 2 cents anyways.

Oh yes, nice tutorial Rabbit. Thanks for taking the time.

-Keith

Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 14:14
Quote: "I'm not sure what the size difference is between FPSC crosshairs, and the ones that AE displayed; but if you try to resize them to make them bigger, they would become pixelated and unusable anyways"

no the crosshairs are not very big

www.jkgs.moonfruit.com

I was Jacko but I changed my name.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 14:16
I wasn't sure, I haven't checked them out myself.

Gangsta Gamesta
Years of Service
User Offline
more stuff in this world should be free so here is a free crosshair.

to use the cross hair go to My computer then c: then program files then the game creators then fps creator then files then gamecore then guns then choose modernday ww2 or scifi and replace the crosshiar

enjoy this free crosshiar

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 03:11
Gangsta,
Nice.Thank you.

FLA
Skitza