Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Question with Sprites and Text (and text boxes)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 05:19
Heyas, I'm just starting to learn DBPro, so I've got quite a newbie question to ask.

I want to create a generic textbox, though I don't want to use lines and such. My idea was to make a sprite as the background image of the textbox (since it can be moved, resized, etc) -- but everytime I do this, I get a blue background screen, and the sprite shows up as planned, but the text won't appear. I'm using the Text command for text, and I'm placing it correctly. The text works fine if I don't load the sprite. Also, the blue background comes with the sprite.

Help me out a little and post me some code or advice Thanks!
Dave EC
Director of Twisted Shards Productions
www.twistedshards.com
EternalCaretaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2003 06:09
Okay, I got rid of the bluescreen.

Question -- Should I use a sprite as a background for a textbox, or is it better to use 'image's ? They're being used for text spoken by the characters.
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
I would suggets you use Images for your background.

Sprites are designed for moving objects, and background is a background, I don't think you need to do anything with it if it's a part of Textbox.

If you got anymore questions, just post em away.

Cheers.

Current project for RGT:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 01:07:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 01:07:34