Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Trap Doors. I know it's possible.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2006 04:17
For some of you more expierience modelers and animators, I have a little challenge fo you: Make a working trap door.
Just think of the possibilities. You could make trap door so that when you activate it (press enter next to it) a set of stairs will be pulled down, and the door will open. All it would take would be the model that would go on the doors frame, the door, and the CSG mesh. Of course, more detailed trap doors would take more things, like a model of stairs, ladder, rope, etc.

I almost completed a simple trap door, however, the animation process was to much for me. I've never really seriously looked into animation, so I'm not really prepaired to animate a door opening and closing. I was able to animate a VERY simple rotation of the door, but when I exported the model from Anim8or the animation frames didn't come with it. So maybe if someone is feeling extra nice, they could whip up a tutorial on how to animate a ball bouncing, then add it as an entity in FPSC and allow the user to activate it in game, triggereing the bounce animation

Any ways, thanks for reading. I hope I 'm not asking way to much, but I probably am
-Sunflash T. Mace

http://tinypic.com/egv4u8.gif

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 04:41:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 04:41:42