Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Texturing Models and HUD's Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2006 10:39
Okay I know that im still considered pretty new in this industry of game making. And okay so im learning about polycounts and idealy always keep them low.

Now I have noticed everybody suggesting Jasc Paintsip Pro... Now I have this program and it works great especially when I follow tutorials... But now maybe this is me as a webdesigner speaking and that when I design my graphics I usually like to use adobe photoshop cs and then when I get my final in photoshop I bring the image over to adobe imageready to comporess my graphic...

My question is would this be a better way to produce graphics in smaller size with almost exactly the same visual quality you would of gotten from an uncompressed graphic and since it was compressed will that bring the polycount down on my model im working on.

or is this not the case at all and its best just to use raw graphics...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2006 12:43
textures dont raise the poly count... but obviously having a better texture would cause slightly longer loading times

Doom,where the sanest place is behind a trigger.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2006 21:35
so the more graphic intense my picture isnt going to effect the poly count what so ever... this is all due to the model is what our telling me... So compressing graphics isnt necessary.... Man its time for me to watch more tutorials and read more books.... I wish I wasnt to old for school and to young for work...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2006 21:39
poly stands for polygon as in shapes and since graphics are 2d they dont raise poly count and only ad a fraction of a second onto the loading time .

Doom,where the sanest place is behind a trigger.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 04:23:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 04:23:15