Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Question on Expansions and Enhancements...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 13:24
I just picked up DBP and was wondering what of the large number of expansions/enchancements are really requisite to using DBP to its\' fullest extent with the greatest ease? I know this is personal opinion, just wanted to see what others who have them think.

-N.

Not all who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Euphoria
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 21:09
I have found the ezrotate expansion very useful....haven't found a use for the rest yet.....but I'm new
Black Mesa
Years of Service
User Offline
Nothing is required to bring DBP to its full extent. A good game can easily created just using DBP and possibly some outside media if you want it to look pretty. The other expansions only really come into play if you feel you need what they provide. For instance if you think you will need to make a lot of textures for your game then buy texture maker, but dont buy it just because you *think* you might need to make a texture.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 12:13
Most expansion packs don't add to the ease of use. They tend to require a certain amount of knowledge of DB pro in order to use them comfortably.

What they do add is extra functionality. I would suggest that you wait until you have a requirement that an add-on fulfills.

Bob da reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Blue GUI is probably the best plugin a newb could use. I know becasue I just bought DBPro with BlueGUI and it's helped loads when I need to pregoram interfaces

I pwn n00bs
Nathaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 22:00
I appreciate everyones input... I am not planning to purchase anything immediately, because as was pointed out, I need to first take DBP to its fullest extent. I simply was wondering if there were any ehancements that were especially useful or that I should avoid.

Thanks,
N.

Not all who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:21:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:21:29