Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Problem with entity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 16:40 Edited at: 29th Mar 2006 16:44
I have changed the texture of an entity and made it an enemy and i can see it in the editor, but when i test the game the entity is invisible.

This is how the FPE file looks like:

Can someone tell me whats wrong or change the FPE so it isnt invisible?
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 17:00
i ddunno y but wen u turn normally static entities to enemies it doesnt work... thats wat happened when i got a tank to follow a waypoint.

Doom,where the sanest place is behind a trigger.
NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 17:35
Is the texture mostly black? If so that may be your problem.

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 17:41 Edited at: 29th Mar 2006 22:00
No it isnt black at all. You must help me on this.
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 18:03 Edited at: 30th Mar 2006 18:05
BUMP

Does anone know why its like this? It gets invisible when I edit the .fpe file so it is a character.

@Lost soul
But Uman succeeded with making an entity to flyand it was not very unlike this gib.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 18:06
did you chang ethe model at all?

sometimes the modeling program messes up which way the faces are facing, and if they are facing opposite to where your looking, then you wont see them.

RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 18:21
So animating a static entity is imposible?

I will build your game levels for food...
Support your local plug-in's for Milkshape3D
Carmacks next engine is for the Xbox360..Noooooo
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 18:22
What are you trying to get the entity to do? - and where did you get the model for the x.file from?

If the model is invisible inside FPSC there are useually only a couple of reasons for that.

In the case of flying models I use - some use a path - some dont but fly independantly. None of them are currently set to be enemies though the flying entity in the screen shot gallery hurts the player on contact.

If you can load your gib entity as a static entity and see it then theres no reason it should not appear if you turn it to dynamic.

Remember though that FPSC does not like you messing around trying to get flying objects to appear and behave as you want them as it dont really support such things by default. If you can see the entity as a static one then when you turn it to dynamic and you cant see it - its probably dissapeared somewhere out of view because the physics or other settings are not correct - entities not set up correctly can disapear because they fly out of the players view or even out of the level.

All of the objects I have tried to get to fly have behaved in this way - some tips that may help everyone.......

Collision On or Off also plays a big part in entities not staying where you put them so adjustments to numerous settings have to be made or they will dissapear.

If you want your entity to fly - think about it? How will you achieve that.........

You could start by trying to change the default appear1.fpi script to "appearnogravity.fpi" writing your own script if necessary.

Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 18:25
my tank turned invisible and when i shot its shadow it moved back a bit so it was there...

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 18:31 Edited at: 30th Mar 2006 18:31
Then where did you get the tank from? and can you see it in test run both as a static entity or dynamic one that is not specified as an enemy?

Like all things when you get probs in FPSC - its a process of elimination.

First of all can you say that you have ever been able to see it at all?

If its always been invisible but you can see the shadow and actually shoot it - best guess is that the .x file format is incompatible with the FPSC x.file description language.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 18:41
I need to start my new thread on animating non-characters. Things like
being inside a factory and theres an animated machine making repairs to itself or to other parts of the plant.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 18:58
Animated models as you outline above is perfectly possible.

Quote: "So animating a static entity is imposible?"

In reality if not theory, theres no difference as far as FPSC is concerned between a static entity and a dynamic one other than it properties setting which tells FPSC which it is.

You can take an entity which is animated and make it static or vice versa. Thus - it is how you can if you like take a default door enity which is animated and change its properties to static and it wont play its animation frames and vice versa as said.

All thats required for animation as far as FPSC is concerned to play the animation is that it has animation frames and they are speced in script and that it is set to dynamic.

For many objects frame based animation without any bones will work fine.

Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 11:45
no it works in static mode but kinda shrinks and goes invisible when i add ischaracter:1 to the fpe.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 04:39
Ok I'll try again I see I need to take it back to foumula. This is the first real test I've done for a non-character animation. So we can have things like trees blowing in the wind, Windowbords flapping on its side of the house, A billbord with a cardbord of a doughnutboy swinging his arm with his doughnut sort of a half&half door entity. The animations must be premade in the 3D modeler, Then exported how?,Placed into the
entitybank/user/ use the TGC entity maker to make it a what: An object?
A door? A character? I noticed that hostage model only had a few animations itself humm. Then I guess I'll have to modify the FPE file to match up the animations of the model..I'm missing a big piece of the puzzle on this right?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:21:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:21:21