Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hi! :D I'm new to darkbasic and need some help with a third person game :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone

It's probably already covered somewhere else but I need a little help with a simple game I'm making, it involves two players controlling a separate character with the same keyboard (There's no reverse to balance both sides ) but I need help with making a matrix for the characters to sit on, every time I build a matrix it's placed over the characters and I can't see them. Or! Better still, is it possible to prevent the objects from moving off the screen (The camera range expands when a player would move off screen, camera bounds etc.) I'm also having trouble with an animation element. I tell the hoverbot to fire, but it can't seem to raise it's firing arm. I would also like to control a shooting element as well but I can't see anything in the instructions on how to create it (Code I simply add in doesn't seem to work) My code is written below and I would really appreciate some help
Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 16:41
post your code in code tags.

common people are walking in line.
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 12:18
cade tags: [ code ] code [ /code ]

Just remove the spaces.

Even though Ive not looked at your code, if you want to position a matrix, or change it in any other way, you need to use the "update matrix" command. But why not just position the players so they are in the height of the matrix?

To answer your camera question, there are many ways. The most easy way would propobly be to limit the players movement so they cant move out of the screen. Use the "position object" and "object position" commands for this.

Hope it helps. Goodluck.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:31:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:31:27