Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Freeworld3d -> DarkBasic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to load levels created in Freeworld 3d into DarkBASICPro?
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 20:53
yes if it has .x export

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 00:00
I had never heard of Freeworld 3D, but I have just been to check it out and I must say it looks absolutely fabulous.
As for you question 'Can we load levels created in Freewold 3D into DBP'?
Sunrise 3D is correct (1st time for everything!). If it has Direct X export then you can load the level into DBP. I had a skim through the forum for an answer to see if it does export Direct X. Someone asked that very question ... here is the answer:
Quote: "You don't export to DirectX. You export the data to a Ascii or XML file format then read the data into your own app, whether you use OpenGL or DirectX really has no impact."

So, now the question is ... can that ASCII or XML be converted into Direct X ... I'm afraid that is beyond me, but if anyone know of a way to do it then this product really should be shouted about, it could be what a lot of DBP users are begging for!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:25:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:25:44