Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 09:18
Ok, I know how to make a basic flat matrix, but what I want to know how to do in the end, is make a terrain out of it. Is this possible, & how if so?

Im trying to give my worlds an arena of life, like streams & other stuff, that I wish to make a basic terrain that is like it was a hightmap. But how do I do this for a start? What commands do I look for, to give parts of my arena hight?

Thx,
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 14:15
I would suggest a matrix editing program for this, as it would save you a lot of coding Try www.matedit.com for mat edit. Simple and easy to use Now someone comes up and says "No! Magic World!" and they then will give you the website.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 23:09
Thanks for the info, I downloaded it, & am working with it now. What kind of file does it save it as? Do I need to use the load command to get it in my level?

Thx,

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 01:41
Nope, it writes the DB code for you, and compresses a BMP with all the textures on it. Pop that in the same folder as your source (Mat Edit writes its own source) open it in DB and you rollin

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2003 10:12
Ok, great, thanks for the help. I may post again, if I need further assistance. I am writting a game, that a lot of people were waiting for me to make in 2d, so I will probably now make it in 3d.

Thx again,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:50:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:50:39