Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Model Animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 09:46
I know I asked this before on another persons post, but without a search tool (that im aware of), or the name of the person who posted it, or the title of the post, I cant find it again, so im asking it again.

I have 3 models, that I will try to add to make one, with the limb command. A head, an upper body, & a lower body. Each is modeled to do what the other models do at that specific time. How do I go about defining the different animations of the models, all from one file, in code?

I cant find a tutorial that will allow me to make it all from one model, not from seperate models (which I found, but cant use, as I downloaded the model (MD3).)

This time, I plan on copying the code to a text file, & putting it on a disk (I did that before, but I had to later format my computer.)

Thx,
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 07:58
Some one, anyone?

I am planning on using the model thing to make a character select tutorial for download by anyone & everyone.

Thx,

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2003 14:03
Not sure what exactly you want to do, but look into the 'Append Animation' command as well as starting/ending at specific frames with 'Loop Animation'.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2003 04:33
Ok, I downloaded an md3 model, do I use the Append Animation command to put multiple different animations all in one same file (i.e. one model), or does it only allow you to place sepperate models together to make one big one (i.e. multiple models?)

I want to make one file, & not have to wory about making different models for each animation that the character plays.

Thx,

Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 02:39
Ok, I get what you saying now, but when I go to Help>Index>Append Object Animation, I get the following error...

Cant Locate File C:\PROGRAM FILES\DARK BASIC SOFTWARE\DARK BASIC PROFESIONAL\Help\Commands\basic3d\append object animation.htm.

When I click on ok, it exits.

I installed the full install of DBPro, & I own the full version (not the demo), does anybody know what could be going wrong? It has done this to me before, but its really getting anoying, but I think I understand what your saying.

But, when I checked the append object command, it said it was only for .x files, & im trying to use MD3 files, is this true to that command, or does that command that I am trying to use allow for files other than Direct X?

Thx,

OneTouch
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to know exactly how to do this too, & the index for Append Object Animations does work for me either!
I keep getting an error, unable to locate file, when I look in the help-index of DBPro!

need more information on game development,
visit http://www.dtagames.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:56:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:56:23