Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Rotate object query

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 18:14
Hi all,

I got DBPro a few days ago and I've been trying to make my space ship fly around. I thought it would be straightforward using the rotate object command, but it isn't. The object will rotate around its own y axis, but will only rotate around the camera/world/? x and z axes. When I tried using the turn/pitch/roll commands instead, I got a similar problem, except that it now rotated around it's own z axis, but the y axis for rotation was the world axis.

If anybody can help me (it's probably really obvious!) then please do, because I'm tearing my hair out.

Thanks and regards,

Will Davis
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 18:28
As soon as you rotate about z axis or use any of those pitch, roll commands, everything messes up. It has been noted as an official bug.

We were promised it was to be fixed in patch 4 but has now been delayed till patch 5 at the earliest.

Suggest you put on hold any ideas for a 'free-flight' type space game.

Gronda, Gronda
madbilly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2003 19:05
Thanks sonic,

How is it possible to do ANY object rotation then? Do other people have to use vector maths? I was hoping to be able to avoid all that stuff, but if I have to do it, then I have to do it!

Again, thanks for your help,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 01:01:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 01:01:12