Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / simple bitmap problem needs a fix

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 02:06
for most people here it will be very easy to fix this little problem. and it would help me alot and i would appreciate it alot too if someone could help me.

I am new to this scene and i hope that i can learn alot from darkbasic. But after messing around with the shooter sample. i was wondering how i can add a bitmap image (800X600 screen resolution) and display it for 5 seconds and after that it will continue the game.

i am referring to this shooter: C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Help\tutorials

Thank you in advance.
zodiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 07:33
sorry, which tutorial?

Making a boolean variable (if DBC, an int variable either 1 or 0) and if it is one, it will go to a sub that displays the sprite for 5 seconds with a timer. After the 5 seconds, the sprite is deleted and the variable is set to 0 again. Is that helpful at all?

2.4Ghz
512mb ram
256mb DDR video card(ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600)
xenofex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 08:53
i just ment that i want to know how to display a bmp image for 5 seconds. (for my loading screen)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:21:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:21:15