Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / 2d Mindless platform shooter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Been wotking on this for a week now, need some coments on how to continue.

I now there isnt much of an inteface yet(only for weapon 1,2,3 and hp)

And dont mid all the variables written on the screen as i will remove them onve im done, but for now i need them to check how the program runs.

The only way to get an intellegent conversasion is to have a monolog.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 19:06
Screens????

Mikey P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 19:34 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2006 19:36
Hmm, Its a neat game ^.^ Do I sense doom?

Anyway, for those who need a screenshot, I took one in game, it looks a bit bare, but when you actually play it, it is more enjoyable.

Couple of things I noticed:

* Collision wasn't great when you jumped up through a bar, you seemed to fly through the last part
* It took me a while to realise how to move the crosshair, kept trying to use the mouse - I think it'd be cooler this way, sort of like Codename Gordon!
* The AI didn't seem to do much :/ I'm guessing that hasn't been implemented yet
[Edit] * Also, when you press pause, it pauses, but only as long as you hold pause... That could be inconvenient if I wanted to go to the bathroom! Just think of the mess... Heh. Maybe have enter toggle pause or something?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bona
Years of Service
User Offline
this was just a first show. Keep in mind i still havent worked 7 days on it

i will keep working on it and a friend of mine will imrpove the sprote as we make progress is the game, add some animation etc

and about the collision bugs, im working on 'em, but dont really know where to start, but i'll promise i'll do my best

and finally, the AI. It's the first time ever i write AI of anykind, and Imo it works better then has hoping for when i started, but naturally as i get more experinced it'll be better, smarter and a bit more unpredictable

The only way to get an intellegent conversasion is to have a monolog.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:26:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:26:42