Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Multi textures on a Model for FPS Creator

Author
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 20:21
I have just bought a couple of 3D models for FPSC and they have a number of textures for the models and not the simple one texture file. I was wondering if there was anyway to have the textures added to the *.fps file, so that they are loaded up correctly or would I have to re-texture the model again?
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
I think if they are .X you dont give a texture in the .fpe and the .X will load the textures automatically. Thats just my guess because it worked on my terrain.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 01:36
Thanks for your reply, but I guess I most make my question more clear. What I meant by my question was it possable to put multi paths in the fpe find where to locate each texture.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 08:01
Sorry I learned the hard way... FPSC will only allow 1 texture file for your direct x model file. Your FPE file has to point to a texture file otherwise when you build your game your gonna get a white model... Now when in edit mode you can view your model with multiple textures as long as your fpe is pointing to the right directory. But this only confuses you if your trying to get things to work correctly...

from what I know you need to be able to edit your model... look in tutorials for uv mapping is probably my best sugestion for you to unify all your textures to a single texture file...

now autodesk has a free 30 days I saw on there site plus a ton of tutorials....suggestion watch the tutorials before you download this and run this program that way you get as much time as you can with this...simply because it is very expensive...

Other programs like milkshape works but I dont have the program and can't give you much refrences there...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:23:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:23:40