Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / B V G: Britain Versus Germany Screenshots and soon to come Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 03:52 Edited at: 4th Apr 2006 16:23
This is my new game, called B V G: Britain Versus Germany. In the game, many things happen between Britain and Germany during the War between them. You play as General Lockt of the British Army in some levels, and as Commander Farkt of the German Army in other levels. As they draw closer and closer to each throughout the levels, it becomes obvious that they must, at some point, have an encounter and fight each other...
In the first three levels, a Spy for the British in the German Army was captured and is currently being held in a German Testing Facility. Your mission is to get inside there, find him and get the hell out of there with the Spy still alive. The first level will be getting inside the Facility and finding the Spy. The second level will be getting out of there with him safely. I am about half-way through the completion of the first level. Attached is the first screenshot, hope you all think they look good, and if not, say why not,

Tom

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 03:55 Edited at: 4th Apr 2006 04:01
Second Screenshot,

Tom

Attachments

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Third and final screenshot for now, tell me what you guys think,

Tom

Attachments

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 04:27
a bit futuristic for a ww2 game wouldnt you say? and maybe some custom segments would look nice

other than that, good luck with your game

-Jon

RedCore Software + Design, Click on image to go to My website.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Jon. About custom stuff-I am going to try and make things in this game as stock as possible. The Warning Authorised Personnel Only Sign is custom, even though it DOES look crap,

Tom

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 11:10
You criticise people for not putting the effort in and making custom stuff and then you show up with another never-to-be-completed games and its full of stock.

If you didn't go around laying into everyone i would think this game was interesting, perhaps with the promise of custom stuff and i might have downloaded the demo.

But, as it is now, i am annoyed mostly that you are a bit of a hypocrit.

AE

Play my Basic Trainning Level: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72985&b=25&p=0
**Crosshair pack coming soon**
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 14:53 Edited at: 4th Apr 2006 14:58
Please post screenshots as .jpeg files people, they're much faster to view. Other file format would be .png, good quality, yet doesn't take as much space as .bmb would.

Good-looking screenshots though, perhaps needs to be more detailed? Looking forward for the game.

Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 15:16
why versus germans ? Germans are good people !
maybe i should make a game calles Germans versus Britain ?!?

yeah...thats the ticket !
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 15:33
Flowerkohl, the germans tried to rule the world, remember. Just because your a little kid, doesnt mean you dont need to know about nazi's.

Have you even learned about WW1 and WW2?

Tom, I might make some free custom stuff for you to use.

NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 15:41
You can't blame him though, he's constantly bombarded by propaganda.

-NIK

brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 16:01
You have a point there NIK.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 16:17 Edited at: 4th Apr 2006 16:20
AE,
Yeah I was a hyprocitical ba*tard in other threads, I know, but by the way-there is no demo to download yet. And I do not have a go at them for not putting effort in and making custom stuff! I have a go at them if they have bad looking levels and level design. I know, I am harsh and usually don't post how to make things look better, which I should.
Psycho Warrior,
They are as .jpg???

Tom

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 16:32
For some reason the screenies take quite a long time to download...for jpegs anyway.

AE

Play my Basic Trainning Level: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=72985&b=25&p=0
**Crosshair pack coming soon**
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm...I will try to reduce their file size, then edit my posts with them attached. That will probably speed them up,

Tom

Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 16:36
I agree that the levels are too stock and more importantly too futuristic for WWII.

Also, the screenshots are huge bmp files not jpgs.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 16:42 Edited at: 4th Apr 2006 16:49
I saved them as .jpg though. Wait a while, I am trying to reduce their file size so they download quicker when you click to View them,

Tom

EDIT: Grrr! They are corrupt, I will go in-game again, get the Screenshots and THEN reduce their file size,

Tom

Samuli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 21:17
Quote: "Flowerkohl, the germans tried to rule the world, remember. Just because your a little kid, doesnt mean you dont need to know about nazi's.

Have you even learned about WW1 and WW2?

Tom, I might make some free custom stuff for you to use."

I'm shure you know much abour World Wars. First World War started when RUSSIA started war against Austria-Hungary (I'm not shure about the name, the area, where now Austria and Hungary are), what was ally of the Germany. In the end of the war the BRITISH though that the Germany was gilthy for war.
And the Nationalist Zosiale (if you don't know what they were, found out your self) didn't even exist betveen years 1914 and -18. Hitler ruled Germany, when WWII bagan and he was Crazy (I'm sure that man who made soap from judeans was crazy). From Whermacht only the Waffen-SS were Nazis. In winter 1939 Germany and the Soviet Union desided to SHARE Europe.
And now Germans even don't wan't to talk about Nazis (what I've heard). Germany haven't never wanted to rule the world.
And what problem is to make game (WWII too), where the main crararter is a German solder. I've allways though the World War II ended 60 years ago.

My game site http://www.freewebs.com/samuli_games/
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 21:35
Hmm...weird. The names of your screenshots are *insert name here*.jpeg yet they are .bmb. The size is good I think, you'll just need to get them to .jpeg format.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 21:51 Edited at: 5th Apr 2006 21:52
Quote: "I'm shure you know much abour World Wars. First World War started when RUSSIA started war against Austria-Hungary (I'm not shure about the name, the area, where now Austria and Hungary are), what was ally of the Germany. In the end of the war the BRITISH though that the Germany was gilthy for war.
And the Nationalist Zosiale (if you don't know what they were, found out your self) didn't even exist betveen years 1914 and -18. Hitler ruled Germany, when WWII bagan and he was Crazy (I'm sure that man who made soap from judeans was crazy). From Whermacht only the Waffen-SS were Nazis. In winter 1939 Germany and the Soviet Union desided to SHARE Europe.
And now Germans even don't wan't to talk about Nazis (what I've heard). Germany haven't never wanted to rule the world.
And what problem is to make game (WWII too), where the main crararter is a German solder. I've allways though the World War II ended 60 years ago."

Looks like this thread turned to history lesson? Lol...

Your game looks neat BTW, Tom.

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Nigezu! I am using the Signs from my Sign Pack for this project, so it WILL have custom stuff!!!
For info on my sign pack, look here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=75958&b=24I am planning on selling this game for a small fee of around £4.50

Tom

jacko101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 00:14
Quote: "I'm shure you know much abour World Wars. First World War started when RUSSIA started war against Austria-Hungary (I'm not shure about the name, the area, where now Austria and Hungary are), what was ally of the Germany. In the end of the war the BRITISH though that the Germany was gilthy for war.
And what problem is to make game (WWII too), where the main crararter is a German solder. I've allways though the World War II ended 60 years ago."

Mad as a bicycle!

The British empire spans a quarter of the globe, the German empire consists of a small sausage factury just outside Berlin......

I want to see how a war is fought, so badly. Well, you've come to right place then.

We'll be right beind you. 4 or 5 miles behind to be precise.

HoHoHo, sorry, got a bit carried away there. Can anyone guess what comedy that was quoted (ish) from?

repeat after me, you are not a developer.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, enough talk about wars...back on topic people!

Tom

jacko101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 02:09
OK, game looks pretty poor so far. That's probably because the screen shots you show are very dark and do not show much.

Is this WW2 time, or is it a future war? Some of the screens use the sci-fi segments, which don't look right for a WW2 game.

How far have you got with the game anyway?

repeat after me, you are not a developer.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
About half-way through Level 1,

Tom

Samuli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 12:00
Sorry about my off-topic. It's just my nature. The game looks pretty nice.

My game site http://www.freewebs.com/samuli_games/
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 13:58
well. i am a 21 year old kid from germany. i study media informatics in 6. semester. I know very much about world war 2. and 1.
we learned a lot about it in school and of course, my grandparents were about 15 years old at this timespan.
So , just dont say kiddie to me. it really this propaganda which gets me a little bit upset.

yeah...thats the ticket !
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Mr. Flowerkohl,
This game is not intended to be a hate run against Germans, heaven forbid! If you had read it properly, you would see that the Player plays as a British Officer AND as a German Officer!

Tom

K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 22:57
Actually Britain tried ruling the world first, British Empire anyone? Yeah we had 2/3 of the world under our belts. Concentration camp. Nasty german inventions right? Wrong! BRITISH slave trade inventions. Hitler - Nasty German man right? Wrong! He was Austrian! Germans did not try to take over the world, Hitler did.

Sorry about this but I hate it when everybody thinks Germans are evil, spiteful people when Brits are not much better. And Americans! Vietnam? What was all that about? We don't like communists so we'll masacre 500 innocent women and children while the men are out working in the fields! WW2 - Americans dropped an atomic bomb or 2. Japan is still recovering there are still cases of radiation related cancer in Hiroshima.

<('.')> <(@.@)> <(-.-)>
GO TEXT KIRBY
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2006 00:13
Its all propaganda. We cant believe any one, not even you K Jah.

Papa Lazarou: Your my wife now!

Model Pack: Tools: http://www.league-of-lunatics.co.uk/3d/tools.htm
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, this thread has been jacked with talk of wars too much. I'm cancelling this and working on something which hopefully WON'T spark so much talk about wars LOL

Tom

Snooker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2006 02:14 Edited at: 10th Apr 2006 04:55
[MOD EDIT]

Any more language like this, and you will be banned. If you're using a translator, I suggust using a different one as well please.

Kindly,
MikeS

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2006 10:26
Tom, that sounds like your using the thread as an excuse for you cancelling the game, basically because you can't be bothered. I don't know, maybe you shouldn't say anything about n00bish projects that will never be finished.

Fujitsu-Siemens "Scaleo-P" with Windows XP OS, Pentium 4, 3.2GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, and a 128MB ATI RADEON X300 Graphics card.
challe19
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks intresting when will you drop the demo?

FPS is life
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2006 22:07
Snooker - Don't pretent to be a Mod.

<('.')> <(@.@)> <(-.-)>
GO TEXT KIRBY
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2006 23:17
Actually there were numerous causes for World War 1 (then called The Great War). Germany was building a naval fleet that began to rival Great Britain's (who had the largest, and most professional in the world at the time); to counter that threat, the British began to manufacture the "Dreadnought" (the largest battleship of the day). This military buildup increased tensions in the region. Germany backed Austria/Hungary at that time. Both Austria/Hungary and Russia had interests in the Balkans.
When the Archduke of Austria (Ferdinand) and his wife were visiting Serbia, they were both assassinated (though his wife was of little consequence to Austria) by a Serbian by the name of Gavrilo Princip (of the group called The Black Hand). This event was the actual catalyst of World War 1.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Tom; I can't help it, I'm a History Major

-Keith

Snooker
Years of Service
User Offline
mikes sorry on my bad language i am now using a good translator i hope it is working good enough. is my english clear enough for you guys?
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2006 00:49
Yes it is much better. Thank you for cooperating, I really appreciate it.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Snooker
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you for the quick respond thank for no banning me i was out of control yesteday sorry
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2006 01:39
Quote: "Quote: "I'm shure you know much abour World Wars. First World War started when RUSSIA started war against Austria-Hungary (I'm not shure about the name, the area, where now Austria and Hungary are), what was ally of the Germany. In the end of the war the BRITISH though that the Germany was gilthy for war.

Looks like this thread turned to history lesson? Lol...

Your game looks neat BTW, Tom."

Thats pretty funny since most of it was wrong...
And I dont think a name so right wing should be used like that - sounds kind of unprofessional.
WW2 games: Battlefield, Call of duty, Day of Defeat, Brothers in Arms, Britain vs Germany...
Just doesnt right... (in my opinion)

Weeee
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
@Paul112, fine I am cancelling it because the map was not working out, and I was having trouble with many scripts.
@KeithC, No worries lol-I like war stories

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 05:58
you shouldnt cancel it

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, Resident Evil!!!
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2006 19:35
Is this WWII or modern day?

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Walking Dead, this project is cancelled anyway, so there's no point asking about it. As many others would say,

Thread Closed

Tom

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:08:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:08:35