Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Objects disappearing at close range

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 05:20 Edited at: 4th Apr 2006 05:21
Hello all. I have recently upgraded to DBPro and still am in the process of learning about the switch between the two. My problem is this: Whenever an object comes about 1 or 2 inches away from the screen it seems to disappear. I attached an exaple of what I trying to stay in the attached code.

As soon as the front part of the box moves past the screen, it slowly does not become visible (as shown in the attached picture.)

I don't nkow if I'm missing a command or what, so please post any advise you have. Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 10:52 Edited at: 4th Apr 2006 11:59
maybe the command

set camera range nearvalue,farvalue

set nearvalue to a lower value, if you go too low some people report problems, altering it is handy, for example you can set nearvalue to just short of your character in a 3d game and all the obstructions that would stop you seeing the character are automaticaly removed from the scene for you, very handy

Dr Frankenstiens mum told him to make some new friends, not knowing where this was going to lead.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah.. Set Camera Range will fix it.

poke a fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 19:24
i had that problem to, but like as they said, setting the camera range will fix that, just make shure you dont change the far range close too
Chily Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 03:17
Good Good. That makes sense. Thanks everyone.
Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
yah i had that problem too, i kinda thought it was cool but everyone who say the guns in my fps kept asking why you could see through them so i decided to fix it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:22:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:22:40