Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Importing .x Files Into Blender

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, and forgive my question, but I can't seem to find an adequete answer despite my lengthy search in these forums.

I'm aware that there is a way to export .x files, however, what if I wish to import a .x file? I'm currently using Blender, but I can't seem to find any plug-ins of any kind that might allow for .x files to be imported.

Are any of you aware of alternate programs that can import .x files or is there a method to do this in Blender that I'm simply missing.

Thank you so much for any assistance you might be able to offer.

saf0775
Years of Service
User Offline
I use Deep Exploration from Right Hemisphere. It converts anything I need.
Morty
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I've just downloaded Deep Exploration but sadly I can't seem to get it to load the FPS models, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Basically, I want to import the models used in FPS Creator into Blender to be exported as another file-type. But it would appear as though importing is significantly more difficult than exporting. *Sigh.*

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 07:42
Try Milkshape3D and it's DirectX mesh tools. Not that Right Hemisphere doesn't have charm. As for Blender I'll be testing that out as soon as I can. Still having problems exporting animations from Milkshape..
humm

Morty
Years of Service
User Offline
Also, I should also point out I don't need this for animations. I just need the models.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 11:35
Check the elysium forums.If you search through there you should be able to find a plug in that will allow you to import .x files.

FLA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 16:15
Is this one for Blender?

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2006 17:40
blenders import and export script are VERY messed up.

i wouldent using blender at all for fpsc, but if you must use it, there are some things you should know.

1)the ONLY blender importer that imports UV data is .obj

2)the directX exporter only exports keyframe animation, and sometimes UV data, that is, if it doesnt crash on you.

3)wait for project orange to finish and release theire modifacations. there are modified exporters in that release.

hope that helps

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 05:43
Have you or anyone else used Milkshape3D to export keyframe animations
on a model and has been successful at it? I'm not talking about the standard FPSC bones that were made for it. I mean something like a stationary animation like a tree fluddering in the brezze or grass or even a flag flapping on a flag pole. There has to be a way. Were playing hell with the JT Direct X exporter and the Direct X8.0 exporter
as well. Our normal models export just fine. But an animated machine fixing itself like in DOOM3 is making us scratch our brains with tinfoil. humm.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 09:20
So no one here can answer a simple question. I hope I'm wrong this time.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 10:54
Try the 3 dimensional chat forum.

FLA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 17:13
I'm going to be nice about this so here go's everything.. No sir Mr. I has returned. I do not know the URL for the 3 dimensional chat fourm....Please have more information ready before posting it would help. Thank you.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 19:16
rayj

at the top, you know the drop down box with a list of the forums? look on there for 3d chat

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 04:15
Thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 06:17:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 06:17:17