Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Just one of the new guys

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So i just signed up for this this site today, i have been programming in Dark basic for a little over a year now, I have made some ok games so far, one is a 3d tatics based game, like ff tactics, also a fps game, right now i am stating another game, i just need to figure out how to make it so you can have a menu that you can click on with the mouse.

smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 12:44
dbpro has a pickobject command, make ur menu use 3d boxes etc

life's one big game
spec= 1.6ghz, 512mb ram, 128mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2006 15:07 Edited at: 6th Apr 2006 15:08
Why not make a function that do the job? You can make so it output some text, and then checks if the mouse is on it, and if it is the function checks if you click. If so it returns a 1 else a 0. Thats how I did it anyway. Hope it helps.

EDIT:

The one I did made a button, so I used the function many times to make a menu.
Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i will give that a try, i guess i would just texture the 3d boxes and only show the face that you can see, but that shouldnt really matter if it is only a title screen. but if i had in game buttons i will just make it so it dosent have to draw the backfaces of the buttons. thx i will give it a try

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:28:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:28:28