Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Prisoner Of War (POW)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all!

I am currently working on agem, and I figured I would get some feed back from fellow game creators.

My game is called Prisoner of War, and it takes place during the second world war (do to my inability to create new mods and such). As the game begans, you wkae up in a halding cell which is with old beds, dead bodies, and blood, and is also heavely gaurded.

The game mainly focuses on you (the player) attempting to escape form this camp - using stealth, fast movement, and the occasional fire arm or two.

Currently there are no story sequences in the game because I am not very good in creating MODS ...so well yah..

So if anyone had any suggestions for the game, or any thoughts at that, please let me know.

As i continue the game, and hopefully get a way to add some storyline sequences, I'll add mroe detail behind the story line and the "real" reason why you are trapped in this camp.

Thnx a million - Randy

(ps. I have included a screenshot of the Execution Chamber in my game. No real reason behind posting the pic, just thoguht it's give u a feel of the game.)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 20:48
Nice HUD! Room doesn't look really good though.

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Samuli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 21:17
Looks pretty nice. But there is a game allready named Prisoner of War.

My game site http://www.freewebs.com/samuli_games/
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 22:46
Thats cool, perhaps you could get rid of the biohazard sign...and make the room smaller.

I like the clinical style though.

keep it up

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 12:14
Did you cut out the little frame rate number for a reason? Looks alright, just could do with some more effective lighting!
And yes, there is already a game named Prisoner Of War.

Fujitsu-Siemens "Scaleo-P" with Windows XP OS, Pentium 4, 3.2GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, and a 128MB ATI RADEON X300 Graphics card.
Opus Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 15:00 Edited at: 9th Apr 2006 21:56
As already stated, yes there is a game called Prisoner of War, but just to add it was developed by Widegames and published by Codemasters.

The title shouldn't be a problem (although I personally feel P.O.W. sounds better) what is protected is the content.

The Codemasters release also features heavy use of Stealth and like yours is all about escape. To properly differentiate yours from theirs I would recommend playing or at least checking out some in-depth reviews.

Key aspects to help avoid blatant similarities will be the Game Mechanics & Storyline.

It would be nice to see some more screenshots.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Rich.
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2006 22:14
That room needs to be smaller. Much smaller. Also needs more lights.

<('.')> <(@.@)> <(-.-)>
GO TEXT KIRBY
Fallen Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Thnx for all the comments.

I did not realize there was a game already with the same title. I will definitely look into it and try and steer away from similarities.

I will try out the room as being smaller. I just liked how it gave kind of a weird feeling when u opened the door during game play and it reminded me a little of Hannibal’s "cage."

But more importantly does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make the lighting better?

Thnx a million!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:47:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:47:14