Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What is wrong with this bitmap?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is DBPro...

Can someone tell me anyone what is wrong with the attached bitmap? It is 150 x 150 and each sprite is 50 x 50. The images are not grabbed correctly with the following code.

Here is the test code:

If I run my code using animspr.bmp, from the examples folder, and change to a 4 x 4 animated sprite and change play sprite to 1 to 16 all is well. So I'm fairly convinced I've got soemthing wrong with the bitmap, but I just can't see it...

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
it`s a 24 bit image according to winderz, try converting it to 32 or 16 bit depth, it could be the image depth is messing up the conversion witha wrong offset (I think there are 4 different formats for 24 bit, it might not recognise the one you are using).

Dr Frankenstiens mum told him to make some new friends, not knowing where this was going to lead.
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 21:21 Edited at: 7th Apr 2006 21:21
Uh, I don't have any problem with it. It works here using
U6RC6, if that makes any difference.

-JerBil

Ad Astra Per Asper
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
ummm! yeah forgot to say, works here under U6 rc4 and 256mb Nvidia6200 card, like I said above, it could be your cards colour depth, but I am guessing, try saving it at another depth and seeing what happens, I have had problems with code portability where one PC runs at a different colour depth by default, for example my laptop and my desktop don`t agree on what colour value is white, so I have to write code that reads a white pixel off the screen and then uses the returned value as white (laptop is ATI gfx) otherwise the code fails to work correctly cos it can`t find the collision zones on a greyscale bitmap.

Dr Frankenstiens mum told him to make some new friends, not knowing where this was going to lead.
MikeD
Years of Service
User Offline
It's soemthing to do with my graphics card at work (its pretty rubbish a Matrox Dual head with 16Mbytes). My same code and bitmaps work fin on my machine at home...

Thanks all

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 19:25:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 19:25:56